Chapter Twelve: From The Beginning!

[Later That Afternoon]

Gibbs, Rose, Tony and Cait wander from meeting Gibbs at the elevator from Abby's lab to go over what they know. They head towards the Bullpen.

"Kevin thinks his dad is out to shoot somebody." Gibbs explains, "He told me his dad has got to find someone, and then he's going to give himself up."

"Does he know who it is?" Tony asks.

"No. He seems to know something about the plan after he finds him." Gibbs responds.

"If Curtin's like most inmates, he blames everyone but himself for his conviction." Cait explains.

"There was a new D.C. road map in the car he abandoned." Gibbs adds.

"Both of the JAG lawyers involved in his trial have D.C addresses." Tony tells the group.

"What about the judge?" Gibbs asks.

"Retired. Lives in El Paso." Rose explains.

"Curtin also did right by all three of them. Coleman didn't even contest the post-traumatic stress diagnosis. Plus, the judge was lenient in sentencing." Gibbs explains.

"So who's he after?" Tony asks.

"Curtin told me he should have to run at all." Cait explains.

"He's always insisted he was innocent." Gibbs points out.

"So you're saying we should be looking for a one-armed man?" Tony asks.

"Very funny." Cait states.

"Maybe we should." Gibbs responds.

"Are you kidding, boss?" Tony asks.

"The repairman really was fixing the cable, the lawyers were professional, the judge was fair. Maybe the one person that Curtin still has a beef with is the one who killed his wife. He's not running." Gibbs continues before looking at the guy's photo who broke into Autopsy, "He's chasing." Rose looks at her father. Gibbs gets up and looks at the monitor.

"Nothing from area hospitals." Cait states.

"I'm still checking smaller clinics, as well as doctor's offices." Rose adds.

"He could have seen a vet." Gibbs explains.

"Uh, Tony's marking that territory." Cait teases. Tony laughs obnoxiously.

"Cute." Tony responds.

"I thought so." Cait states.

"I didn't." Gibbs responds.

"Nothing from the vets, Boss." Tony explains.

"ABP on the car." Gibbs states.

"Nothing." Cait replies.

"Tired of hearing that word." Gibbs says, firmly.

"We think Curtin's innocent, right?" Cait asks.

"Maybe." Tony responds.

"Assume he's innocent for the sake of argument." Cait responds.

"Why?" Tony asks.

"Because I said to." Gibbs responds.

"Innocent. Sure. Why not?" Tony replies.

"Go on." Gibbs states.

"If Curtin's innocent, and he's going after the guy that murdered his wife and the cable repairman..." Rose states.

"I don't think he cares about the cable repairman." Tony states and Gibbs smacks him in the back of the head.

"Ah..." Tony mutters.