Chapter Seventeen: Terminal Leave!

The team is shown behind the title of NCIS: Boss's Daughter. Gibbs is then shown walking as he was about to pull out his NCIS ID from his front pocket before he's shown with a camera and then firing his gun. Rose is shown with her gun drawn and she narrows her eyes at the suspect as she was talking him down. Cait is shown looking up and smiling before she is shown looking around while holding her gun and flashlight. Tony is shown jumping around before he's shown smiling and laughing. Light flickers and Abby is shown looking at something with Ducky before she's shown carrying a tray with a babydoll head on it. Light flashes and Tim is shown walking into Abby's lab, making a confused look at Tony, and then looking around the wall towards Rose and Gibbs. The title flashes doing the N-C-I-S one letter at time before Boss's Daughter appears under it. Light flickers and Ducky is shown examining a body with a weapon, smiling before he's shown waving a sword around. Finally, Gibbs is shown pulling a body out of the drawer in Autopsy and Ducky takes a picture causing lights to flash to the title again.

The group arrives on the scene of a car bombing. Gibbs walks in the way of the FBI bomb squad truck and a woman gets out of the truck to chase him down. Rose watches from their truck.

"Hey. Where the hell are you going?" The woman asks. Gibbs looks at her and doesn't respond.

"Gibbs. Oh, you must be Gibbs. Fornell's mentioned you." The woman responds.

"Did he?" Gibbs asks.

"Agent Lina Reyes, FBI." The woman states.

"Your driver has a lead foot." Gibbs explains.

"Well, we tend to hurry when we suspect terrorism." Reyes responds.

"Well, so do we when the target is a naval aviator, Agent Reyes." Gibba fires back.

"Lieutenant Commander Micki Shields. She bombed civilians in Afghanistan." Reyes explains.

"Accidentally." Gibbs replies, "Article 32 hearing cleared her of all charges."

"Yeah. By us." Reyes explains, "Not the psychos overseas issuing jihadist threats against her and her family. Have you spoken to your director?"

"I did." Gibbs responds.

"Good. Then we're clear. FBI handles the investigation, NCIS protects the intended target." Reyes responds. She walks away.

"We want copies of everything you find." Gibbs calls out and Reyes glares at him, "Cait, check with commander Shields. Track down the rest of her family."

"On it." Cait responds.

"Dinozzo, secure her home." Gibbs orders, "I want a full surveillance perimeter. McGee, Rose, coordinate all feeds with MTAC."

"Alright, Boss." Tim responds.

"Why can't I just help Tony or Cait?" Rose asks.

"I told you to work with McGee." Gibbs tells her.

"Always giving me the terrible assignments." Rose mumbles before walking back over to the group. Tim stood there confused.

"Oh, sounds like we're going to need the infrared scope on this one, McGee." Tony states.

"The one that can see through walls at night?" Tim asks.

"Better than pay-TV, and, the best part, it's free!" Tony exclaims.

"And that's the reason why, Tony." Cait states.

"Why what, Kate?" Tony asks.

"You'll never get my home address." Cait states and walks away. Tim and Rose head back to NCIS HQ and Rose crosses her arms as she stands beside McGee in MTAC that evening.