Chapter Twenty-Five: Silver War!

[NCIS HQ]

Later, everyone stood in the bullpen. Rose leaned against Tim's desk, Tim stood next to her, Ziva and then Tony on the other side of them.

"We ran his prints through AFIS. It is confirmed. Our Union soldier is Staff Sergeant Warren Sorrow, an MSG instructor in Quantico." Tim explains.

"MSG stands for–" Tony begins.

"Marine Security Guard. I've been to over two dozen embassies around the world, Tony." Ziva explains.

"What do we have on the Staff sergeant, McGee?" Gibbs asks.

"He's been UA for about a year." Rose explains.

"Rose and I are currently building a profile on what his life was like around the time of his disappearance." Tim states.

"Not anymore. I want you with Abby. Find out what was on the cell phone we found in the casket." Gibbs explains, "Tony, you're on the paper trail. I want to know everything about him by the time I get back. And you, you keep... you keep observing."

"What exactly, Gibbs?" Ziva asks.

"I don't care." Gibbs responds, "Just do it quietly." He walks away.

"Now I know why he took all my weapons away." Ziva states.

"Dad has that effect on people. So do I." Rose states, "Get it from him."

[Later]

Rose stands upstairs behind Gibbs and the director and Rose's eyes widen as she hears about hints of Jen and Gibbs' relationship.

"You two were together?" Rose asks and Gibbs looks at her.

"Briefly. We aren't dead, Rose." Jen says.

"Ew." Rose says and walks down the stairs. Gibbs and Jen laughs together and Rose continues to repeat herself until she enters the bullpen.

"What's wrong with you?" Tony asks.

"It's scary to learn that my father has more of a private life than I do." Rose says.

"You're right, that is disturbing." Tony says.

"Yeah." Rose says.

[Later That Day]

Rose gets sent with Ziva and Tim to the bank where the victim had a safety deposit box. Rose smiles as Ziva was wiping her face and neck clean from her time crawling around through dirt looking for evidence.

"Do you need help?" Tim asks.

"I'm not a child." Ziva says.

"Yeah, but you missed a lot." Rose says.

"Fine, then help me." Ziva says and Rose takes the baby wipe before Tim can and she gets the spots that Ziva missed.

"Is Tony always?" Ziva asks.

"Yes." Tim replies while he glances down at Rose's butt and Ziva looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"And Gibbs?" Ziva asks.

"Yes." Rose and Tim say in unison.

"What about Abby?" Ziva asks.

"She's normally nice. But you know since you were Ari's handler and he shot at Abby." Tim explains.

"I should be mad at you too. Ari shot me in the shoulder. He almost shot McGee and killed Cait." Rose says, "Why the hell would you reveal that I am Gibbs' daughter?"