Chapter Forty: Family

The team is shown behind the title of NCIS: Boss's Daughter. Gibbs is shown walking down some stairs with his gun drawn. Tony is shown leaning down in front of a car window then shown sliding down and grabbing his gun. Ziva is shown swimming then she is shown holding her gun as she is looking around. Abby is shown looking at something with Tim then she is shown saluting Gibbs on one side while she dances on the other. Rose and Tim are shown together and she hugs him from behind then the two are shown standing together as they fire their guns on side then the other the two are smiling at each other. Jen is shown getting into MTAC on one side while she sits in her Director's chair on the other side. Ducky is shown grinning as he stands over a body and then he's shown spinning a sword around. Finally, Gibbs is shown hitting the table before the rest of the team is shown in glimpses and then the title is shown again.

The elevator door opens as Ziva and Tim walk out of the elevator. They were deep in conversation.

"It was a simple question, McGee." Ziva says.

"Yeah, one I would expect from Tony, not you." Tim responds.

"I'm just being curious." Ziva responds.

"About when I lost my virginity?" Tim asks.

"No, you misunderstood. I'm not asking when you lost your virginity, but if... you lost it." Ziva states.

"Lost what?" Rose asks.

"Nothing." Tim says as his cheeks flush red.

"What's wrong with this picture?" Ziva asks.

"You mean, aside from Tony being here before us and actually working?" Tim responds.

"I can hear you, you know." Tony states. Ziva walks over to his desk.

"I'm here if you would like to talk." Ziva states.

"About what?" Tony responds.

"I know how much you cared about her." Ziva says.

"I'm fine, Ziva." Tony assures her.

"Alright." Ziva acknowledges, "But I thought maybe you needed a little cheering up?"

"If I needed to be cheered up, I would've put superglue on McGee's keyboard." Tony states.

"You put superglue on my keyboard." Tim complains.

"Well... you got me." Tony says with a laugh.

"Come on." Tim complains.

"I was sort of saving it for a rainy day." Tony says.

"Did it help?" Ziva asks.

"Didn't hurt." Tony responds as Rose helps Tim the best she can. They both end up being stuck to the keyboard. They turn to look at Gibbs when he walks into the bullpen.

"Boss, Tony–" Tim states.

"I know." Gibbs states.

"And now we're–" Rose says. Gibbs places Rose's nail polish remover in front of them.

"Are you ever gonna learn, McGee?" Gibbs asks. Rose looks over at Tony and glares. She uses her free hand to grab the nail polish remover to free them.

"Grab your gear. Got a petty officer in a hit and run." Gibbs explains.

"We're still... Ugh... We're still stuck to this keyboard, Dad." Rose states and looks at Tim, "There are worse ways we could be stuck together." Tim's cheeks flush red.

[Later]

While at the crime scene, they find another body down by the bank by the creek, nearly under the bridge. They return back to the office afterwards. Ducky begins his autopsies on the two victims.