Chapter Forty-Six: They Just Tried To Nuke Us...

[A Few Seconds Earlier]

Rose lets out a scream when something rushes past her and she falls against Tim who crashes into a barrel causing it to make a loud rumbling noise like thunder. Rose ends up laying on Tim.

"Ouch..." Rose whines, "Did anyone catch the license plate on that car that just hit and run me?"

"Rose, McGee, are you okay?" Gibbs asks, walking over.

"Yeah, just peachy. I've had better days." Tim calls out with a whine, "Rose, get up. Your knee landed on my crotch." Tim struggles to breathe from the pain.

"Some men actually enjoy women that close to their crotch." Tony jokes. Gibbs helps Rose stand up.

"Sorry, Tim. Something rushed passed me. I heard a door shut." Rose apologizes.

"You crack the lock?" Gibbs asks.

"Uh, no. Not yet." Tim explains, "The touch screen - it's a bit..." Gibbs stares at him and notices Rose's lip gloss on him lips.

"I'm working on it." Tim states.

"Why don't you work on turning the lights back on?" Tony asks.

"We just passed the electrical room." Ziva says and they head over.

"It's like Aliens. Numero Uno. Ripley, light in hand, moving through endless corridors searching for a hideous monster. You ever see Run Silent, Run Deep?" Tony asks.

"The 'run silent' part sounds good." Gibbs mutters.

"The electrical room should be... right here." Ziva states. She opens the door and someone comes out, startled. He shoves Ziva and takes off running. Everyone gives chase. Ziva grabs him and shoves him into the stairs. He appeared scared. They handcuff him so he doesn't escape.

"Look Ziva, you found your friend." Rose says as Tim was whimpering from still recovering.

"Let me out of here!" The guy yells.

"Here's the crew list. He's the cook." Ziva explains.

"Get these shackles off of me!" The cook yells.

"Why were you hiding?" Gibbs asks.

"Why did you attack us?" Ziva asks.

"Why'd the crew abandon ship?" Gibbs asks.

"What happened to Takada?" The cook asks.

"You asking me?" Gibbs asks.

"It was that thing, wasn't it?" The cook asks.

"What thing? I knew there was a thing." Ziva comments.

"What thing?" Gibbs asks.

"They brought something out of the water. Takada was studying it. That's what killed him. Isn't it?" The cook asks.

"Don't know." Ziva explains.

"Don't lie to me!" The cook yells, "It's killing me, too, isn't it?!"

"You know what? If I don't kill you first. Sit down and tell us what happened here!" Gibbs demands.

"What happened to the crew?" Ziva asks.

"They abandoned ship." The cook states.

"Why?" Gibbs asks.

"They thought whatever killed Takada was contagious. Captain forced me to stay behind. He thought that I had already been exposed from all the blood, and he puked on me." The cook explains.