Chapter Eight: Marine Down!

People are shown at a funeral. Everyone was discussing about how the guy died and how the wife didn't know anything about what really happened, just that her husband was dead. The telephone rings so the wife of the deceased answers it as it was her phone. When she picks up the phone, she listens to the person on the other end. It was her husband who she had just buried claiming that he was alive.

The team is shown behind the title of NCIS: Boss's Daughter. Gibbs is then shown holding a camera and smiling at Abby. Rose is shown with her gun drawn and she narrows her eyes at the suspect as she was talking him down. Cait is shown, and she looks at the group with a serious look on her face. Tony is shown opening a door before the view flips to him, shutting it on the FBI agents and he waves with a grin. Abby is shown jumping up and down. Ducky is shown looking at his findings. Finally Gibbs is shown pulling a body out of the drawer in Autopsy and Ducky takes a picture causing lights to flash to the title again.

[December 14th, 2003]

Cait, Tony and Rose were reupping their weapon's certifications. Gibbs wanted to make sure that they all had them. Rose was hitting the target perfectly fine because she was like her father, an excellent shot. Cait and Tony were having issues.

"Nervous, Cait?" Tony asks.

"Shaking." Cait replies. Everyone fires once more and then they are told to holster their weapons. Rose had hit the target perfectly.

"You nervous, Tony?" Cait asks.

"Nice tactical reload." Tony replies.

"Is there a gun you aren't an excellent marksman with?" Cait asks.

"Yeah... one." Rose replies.

"Which one?" Tony asks.

"Dad's rifle." Rose replies.

"You only hit your guy twice, I win." Tony tells Cait.

"What are you talking about? You shot the hostages ear off." Cait says.

"She'll live..." Tony says.

"Yeah, without an ear." Cait says.

"It's not bad. Both of you, not bad." Gibbs says, "Rose, excellent as always. Of course, these targets don't shoot back."

"That must be next week." Cait teases.

"Cait, I think you're holding back." Gibbs explains, "Shoot with confidence. Relax your shoulders. Tony... It's a nice grouping..."

"So, I win." Tony says.

"Oh, we're just getting warmed up." Gibbs explains, "Give me your cover." He held out his hand for Tony's hat.

"What for?" Tony asks and Gibbs smirks, "Right..." Gibbs tapes it to the target.

"Oh, come on, boss, I've been breaking that cap in for three months..." Tony says, "I love that cap..."

"Then don't shoot it." Cait says. Gibbs grabs Cait's electronic and tapes it up. Tony and Cait agree to light Gibbs' boat in his basement on fire. Gibbs gets the call about the woman's call. Gibbs tells the two to fire.

[Later]

Back at the Navy Yard, Abby and Tony talk about his hat. He'd shot it twice. He gives the hat to Abby as a present. She loved it. Rose walks by not really wanting to talk to Abby.

"You said you needed help?" Abby asks.

"Yeah, I'm trying to pull up the records on a dead Marine, but my security access won't go through." Tony explains.