Chapter Forty-Two: FBI Probie!

[A Week Later]

"Everybody has a story to tell. Now, although this gentleman died a natural death, he gave his cadaver to further your education, so pay careful attention to what he has to tell us." Ducky explains as Palmer slices off the top of the body's head so that the students that Ducky was teaching could see the brain.

"Now, the brain. Now, inside, you will see the delicate structure and pathways that determine memories, emotions, basic motor functions. In sum, who we are. Mr. Palmer, would you cradle the brain while I sever this... Lieutenant Greer, the four lobes of the cerebrum?" Ducky asks.

"Um, there's the frontal, the parietal, occipital and temporal." Greer responds.

"The adult human brain weighs approximately three pounds." Ducky explains.

"Feels like a soggy grapefruit." Palmer explains.

"Yes. Well, uh, pass it around." Ducky instructs, "Now, don't let its small size fool you. The cerebral cortex contains one billion neurons and one million-billion connections or synapses." Ducky explains, "If-If you were to count one synapse per second, you wouldn't finish counting for 32 million years."

"Uh, doctor, is this natural?" Greer asks. Ducky moves over to look and cups his hands under the leaking brain.

"Certainly not." Ducky says.

"What the hell is that?" Greer asks.

"This, my dear lieutenant... is murder." Ducky explains.

The team is shown behind the title of NCIS: Boss's Daughter. Gibbs is shown walking down some stairs with his gun drawn. Tony is shown leaning down in front of a car window then shown sliding down and grabbing his gun. Ziva is shown swimming then she is shown holding her gun as she is looking around. Abby is shown looking at something with Tim then she is shown saluting Gibbs on one side while she dances on the other. Rose and Tim are shown together and she hugs him from behind then the two are shown standing together as they fire their guns on side then the other the two are smiling at each other. Jen is shown getting into MTAC on one side while she sits in her Director's chair on the other side. Ducky is shown grinning as he stands over a body and then he's shown spinning a sword around. Finally, Gibbs is shown hitting the table before the rest of the team is shown in glimpses and then the title is shown again.

Rose and Ziva stand over Tim's shoulder as he is looking at something on his computer. Rose had her hand on Tim's shoulder while Ziva just stood off to the side. Ziva laughs as she looks at what he's looking at.

"Oh, not bad." Ziva says before the group laughs. Tony comes into the bullpen as he was arriving to work for the first time that day. They continue going through pets while Rose giggles.

"And look at this one. You're going to love this guy." Tim explains.

"Yeah, he would not be safe with me. I would eat him." Ziva comments.

"He's so adorable. How can you say no to that face?" Tim asks.

"That one is cute. If only dad would let me have him." Rose says. Ziva laughs.

"Please tell me you are looking for a man for the girls." Tony inquires.

"Nope." Rose responds.

"Not me." Ziva adds.

"Then McGoo, do you need to talk to me about something?" Tony asks and Rose rolls her eyes.

"We are looking at animal-rescue sites, Tony." Rose states.

"McGee is thinking about getting a puppy." Ziva says. In truth, it would be Tim's, but Tim wanted Rose to pick the puppy out so that she could be the dog's human mom.