Chapter Fourteen: Dead Man Talking!

[LATER]

Tony and Cait head to Pacci's residence. They talk for a few minutes and obviously it was hitting Tony pretty hard that their coworker was dead. Pacci's house phone rings and Tony and Cait look over at it. Tony walks over to the phone and answers it.

"Hello?" Tony asks.

"Is this the Pacci residence?" Tim's voice asks.

"Yeah, who's this?" Tony asks.

"NCIS Special Agent McGee." Tim responds, confused. Tony sighs in relief.

"McGee, it's Dinozzo. What are you doing calling this number?" Tony asks.

"Special Agent Pacci wanted me to do something for him. I-Is he there? Can I speak to him?" Tim asks.

"No." Tony responds.

"Look, Dinozzo, this isn't a good time, okay? This is..." Tim begins.

"He's been murdered, McGee. What did he ask you to do for him?" Tony asks.

"He... he wanted a civilian file from a three-year-old cold case. I spent all day in the basement of the Buford County Courthouse searching for it." Tim responds.

"Did you get it?" Tony asks.

"Yeah." Tim responds.

"What's in it?" Tony asks.

"A car accident report. I didn't think I should read it." Tim responds.

"You and the report, NCIS Headquarters, 0700." Tony orders.

"Okay. Tony..." Tim replies.

"What?" Tony asks.

"I'm sorry." Tim says.

"Yeah, kid, aren't we all." Tony replies.

[The Next Morning]

Rose sits at her desk thinking while she does her report for Gibbs. Gibbs had gone down to see Abby and Ducky while waiting for Tony and Cait to return. When Tim arrives, Rose ignores him. She was still mad at what he said a few days ago on top of being in her own head. Tim worked on the computer behind Rose. Rose was busy thinking while also waiting for results.

"McGee, it's not like you. What's taking so long?" Tony asks.

"I've almost got it." Tim responds.

"You know, the quicker you get this done, the more quality time you have to spend with a certain tattooed forensic technician of the Goth persuasion." Tony explains.

"What do you mean by that?" Tim asks. Rose is pulled out of her head as she begins to eavesdrop. Tony begins laughing. He was mainly trying to make Rose jealous.

"Oh, come on! Abby told me you, uh, close the deal under some pretty hinky circumstances." Tony explains.

"She told you that?" Tim asks, "Well, the hinky thing– did she tell you that that was her idea? Cause–" Tony makes a happy face.

"Abby didn't tell you anything, did she?" Tim asks.

"A well-trained NCIS Special Agent is good at extracting information." Tony states and Tim sighs, "You'll learn. Focus."

"Leave him alone, Tony." Rose snaps and Tony looks over towards Rose. Tim's eyes widened as he looked over towards her and saw the anger and pain in her eyes as well before Rose turned back to her desk. Tim gets back to work.

"I have her address." Tim says.

"You do? How?" Tony asks.

"Look. Since, evidently, this is her residence, I used the process of elimination. Quercus Virginiana." Tim states and zooms in on a tree.