Chapter 2

(Sunny's Flat)

I walk into class feeling drowsy as ever. I hate being woken up in the middle of the night. I can never fall back to sleep completely.

"Hey Sunshine," Rachel says. "Or should I say Sunflower," she bursts into laughter.

"You're hilarious a real comedian honestly," I say to her with a grin on my face.

"Here I got you a banana nut muffin," she says handing it to me.

"This is horrid to many toxins. I'm only organic man," I say.

"Of course you're a hippie so I get it," she says. "how about a green tea?" I look at it for a second before taking notes it.

"Thanks," I say.

"So what are your plans for today?" She asks me as we walk out.

"Nothing actually I'll probably go into town. Hey would you want to go with me?" I ask.

"Of course," she says.

"I'm looking for some uh art gallery. I submitted some paintings and I have my interview today. So I was thinking we go and do that and then we hit a bar," I suggest.

"That sounds great," she says.

"Ok my interview is at 6, so let's head to it," I say.

"Do you think I should change," I ask. I look down at my tattered black jeans and brown boots. I have on a white v neck to match. My long hair is hangings loose behind me and a thick scarf is tied around my head. I have a black leather jacket with me to throw on as well.

"No I think you look great. Artists express themselves through their appearance and you my dear are a walking piece of art," she says.

"Thanks Rach that was actually the nicest thing I have heard in a while," I admit.

"No problem. Now go in there and kill that interview," she says.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out and sigh.

"So how did you do. Oh my god. You didn't get it did you? I got you a congratulations balloon and everything shit," she says.

"Rach they want me to submit three paintings and three photos in the next two months," I say.

"Omg you got in," she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Yeah. She just said I need to paint more freely," I say. "Now I just need an inspiration."

"Why don't we go on an adventure to the bar and see if you get inspired," she says.

"Alright let's go," I say. We walk inside this small indie type of bar. I smell smoke in the air and instantly know it's a hookah bar.

"You have your fake idea right?" She asks.

"Since I was fucking 14," I tell her.

"Alright," she says. We give the bouncer out IDs and enter the bar. A
small band is on stage playing at the moment. We get a table and instantly start using the hookah.

"We may have to call a cab," I say.

"I'm not into the whole hookah thing so I'll be able to get us back and just stay at your place," she says. She orders us a couple of drinks as well.

"My friend Daisy would love it here. She would love you too," I admit.

"That's cool maybe we can all head to the beach tomorrow," she says.

"For sure I'll text her now," I say. I send her a quick text and she immediately agrees.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" She says nodding toward the hookah.