Chapter 42

Mom and I took two hours before the show to get ready, but the work really did pay off. I looked amazing as did my mother. I think mom may look better than I do. I look at myself in the mirror. The nice navy color compliments my skin, while the tight fit compliments my curved figure. Mom emerges from the bathroom in her dress. She looks stunning.

"Mom you totally stole my dress," I tease.

"It's obvious who looks better," she retorts.

"Mom-"

"It's you of course my darling," she tells me and kisses my for head. We are both wearing the same shoes except mine have a strap and moms do not. We exit the bedroom and I see dad in the kitchen with Harry.

"Darling and my little bird you both look stunning," my father says. Harry turns to face me and his eyes widen. I notice he is wearing the navy blue scarf I bought him yesterday around his neck; it matches my dress. I approach him slowly and he walks towards me. When I'm in front of him he lifts his hand and slowly pushes a loose hair behind my ear. He then caresses my cheek and i lean into his touch.

"I can't even come up with a word that describes how beautiful you are," he says lowly. My face turns bright red at his words.

"Thank you," I say.

"I bought you something," Harry says.

"Yeah..."

"But I won't give it to you yet," he tells me and a smirk appears on his face. I frown at his words. I decide to play along with his game. I look over and see that my parents have walked in their room to finish getting ready. I walk closer to Harry so I can whisper in his ear.

"But daddy I want it now," I whisper in his ear. I teasingly bite the lower pet of his ear and he groans.

"Don't start we have to go the car is picking us up in five minutes," he tells me. He looks down at me now through hooded eyes of lust and I smirk knowing that I have the upper hand.

"Fine but don't come crawling to me later," I say.

"I won't touch you unless you want me too," he says. He is closer now I can feel his broad chest against my back. His hand slips between the slit in my dress and rubs my inner thigh. He kisses my neck and I suppress my moans.

"And trust me darling you will want me to," he whispers in my ear. Right when. I think he is going to touch me there he pulls away and my parents emerge from the bedroom and I realize what was about to happen. I glare at Harry and sends me a cheeky smile.

"You kids ready, the car is here," my dad says.

"Yes let's go," I tell him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lady's and gentlemen thank you all for gathering here tonight at the New Artists Exhibition. Our Finalists are Sophia Reed, Daniel Gray, Sunflower Chandler..." The lady says seven more names and I tune out. I am so nervous. As the others get up to show their art. Lots of ohhhhs and ahhhh start around the building.

"And finally for Ms. Sunflower Chandlers Exhibition entrees she calls, "Nirvana"," the woman says. I get up from my set and walk to the stage by my paintings. When it's very quiet I hear Harry shout.

"Work it baby," he says very loudly and I try to suppress my embarrassment. I reveal all of my paintings and the crowd immediately begins to talk amongst themselves. The judges start writing things down. I see Harry and he gives me a thumbs up. Out of the corner of my eye a judge raises his hand and the rest follow.

"Time," the speaker says. Everyone claps and I bow to them. "Thank you to all the participants for entering. You all worked very hard. The judges will have a thirty minute deliberation break and you all can view the painting in the commons area."