Chapter 16

Come thru
Come thru
Come thru
Girl you know we got things to do
So get yo ass in that car and
Come thru
Come thru~Drake

Jayden's POV

"So, how did you like Evangeline?" I ask Mrs. Waits as we enter my house.

"I don't."

"What!?" I look back at her.

"I don't like her. I love her."

"Oh, you scared me for a second."

"She's so pretty. And not to mention feisty, but also sweet. She's perfect for you."

"I'm glad that you like her." I kiss her cheek, "I'm going to my room."

"Alright darling see you in the morning." she walks to her room.

If you're wondering, Mrs Waits' husband died four years ago from a brain aneurysm. She has one child who's thirty and she lives in London with her husband and five kids. I go to my room and walk into my bathroom. I turn the shower on and take a long shower. I put on my boxers and go to bed.

"Shut up, we don't want to wake the neighbors." a voice wakes me up.

I hear people talking quietly, things being moved, and feet shuffling. I grab the gun from my side draw that my dad bought for me a long time ago. Walking out of my room and downstairs as quietly as can be, I notice light coming from the kitchen.

"Ok, you take upstairs, I take the garage, and you take downstairs." another voice is heard.

"Aight."

I hear the footsteps get closer to me. I turn the light on and make sure that my gun is loaded. Pointing the gun at where I know the criminals are about to come through, I wait for them to enter. The door opens and I see Evangeline's friends.

"The fuck are you guys doing in my house?" I keep the gun up.

"Jayden, you live here?" Pookie asks.

"Yes, now I ask again, the fuck are you guys doing in my house?"

"Man, if I knew you lived here, I wouldn't have came here." Peanut shakes his head.

"Jayden what's going- Oh my gosh!" Mrs. Waits comes out of her room.

"Listen you may not know, but us, E.V., and Angie are the-" Tay Tay begins.

"I know what the fuck y'all are. Evangeline told me." I still hold the gun in my hand.

"She did?" Peanut looks surprised, "And you stayed with her?"

"Yes she did. And I care about her, of course I'm going to stay with her."

"Shit, we're sorry. We'll just leave." they start to walk out.

"No. You will not just leave. I want you to put all of my shit back. If you don't I will call the police with no hesitation. Shit, I should call them now, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. And it's not because of Evangeline, it's because I know you guys."

"Are you serious right now?" Pookie asks.

"I'm not sure, but you have ten seconds to put all my shit back and get the fuck out of my house, before I start shooting."

They put what little they did take back and leave the way that they came in. I made sure everything was locked and set the alarm. I helped Mrs. Waits go back to sleep before going to my room and calling Evangeline.

"Hello?" she answers with a yawn.

"Evangeline, your friends just broke into my house and tried to rob me."

"Are you fucking kidding me!? I told they dumb asses not to do that shit tonight. How fucking stupid are they? They never fucking listen to me." I hear her moving around.

"They probably gone talk shit about me now especially since I pulled a gun out on them."

"Come mere boy. Let's go use the bathroom." I hear her talking to Bandit, "You should've shot they damn asses. Stupid dumb niggas."

"I really shouldn't have called you about this."

"Naw, cuz tomorrow at school they gone be talking shit about you and I ain't having that. Even if you wouldn't have called me. I told their asses not to do it, but no I'm the dumb one. I wished you would've shot they stupid asses. Good boy."

"What?" I laugh.

"It's the first time Bandits used the bathroom outside. I have to congratulate him to let him know I'm proud. Who wants a treat?"

"I like hearing you talk to him, it's cute."

"Since I'm up, let's talk for a while."

"Before we get to a deeper level, how did they get into my house without setting the alarm off?"

"Peanut works at an alarm company and he learned how to disable them for repairs, or in our case, to rob."

"I didn't know that."

"Yeah, but let's talk about something else."

"Ok. Mrs. Waits likes you very much."

"Really?"

"Yep, she even told me that she loves you."

"Aww, tell her that I said I love her too." I hear a noise in the background.

"What's that?"

"Bandit. He's trying to jump up on my bed, but it's too high for him."

"Why don't you put him up there?"

"I will, but I'm letting him practice for now."

"What about when he goes to the bathroom?"

"I have a little stool an he kind of knows how to walk up them."

"So he only uses it in the bathroom?"

"No, he has used the bathroom all over this house."

"How's your mom?" I roll onto my stomach.

"She's good. She is in love with Bandit. I came home from work and she was just sitting on the couch with Bandit in her arms."

"Well, that's not bad."

"Yes it is. I went to her to take Bandit with me and she slapped my hand away."

"Are you serious?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, then she told me that when she's holding him, I shall not touch him."

"Maybe you should buy her a puppy too."

"If I do that she's going to hog both of them."

"Well, it's late and we both have school tomorrow I think we should go back to bed." I yawn.

"Ok, goodnight teddy."

"Goodnight strawberry." I hang up.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

This chapter is not that good. But hey, not everything can be as great as the last.

The QOTC is

What is you favorite book/book series? Why?

My favorite book series is A Series Of Unfortunate Events. All the challenges that these three kids face show how much a person has to grow to get through each hardship in life. Also they show that you don't have to fight fire with fire. These books hold great messages in them.

Thanks for reading my beautiful Dreamers

Love

Dreamer