Chapter 30

I'm so into you
I don't know what I'm gonna do
Say you got me so confused
I don't know what I'm gonna do
I'm So Into You~SWV

Jayden's POV

"King, Queen this is my niece Kayla and my nephew Kayden." I say.

We are at the park and we decide that today would be cool to let the kids meet. Jayla, Kevin, Angelica, Peanut, and Evangeline are all here.

"Do you want to go swing?" Angelica asks them.

"Yeah!" all four kids shout.

"Go on, if y'all need help, come to one of us." Evangeline yells as the run towards the swings.

"We will!" they shout back.

"I think that this is a good idea. Kayla and Kayden need some kids to hang out with." Jayla sits at a picnic table.

"Yeah, I wish that they could've met on a happy event, but that's fine." Evangeline states.

"When are your aunt and uncle leaving?" I ask Evangeline.

"Sometime tomorrow or the day after tomorrow." she answers.

"Oh. What made you two decide to come?" I point to Peanut and Angelica.

"We need to learn more about this kid stuff, so we figured why not watch some kids." Angie takes a pickle out of her bag.

"Just to help make us sound less pedophile-ish, we need to see how kids should act with kids their age. That's why we're going to babysit the Nelson kids tonight." Peanut says.

"Well, that's smart. But I'm going to be honest. No matter how prepared you think you are, you never are when it comes to kids." Kevin sits next to Jayla.

"What's the worst part of it?" Angie questions.

"The punishing. I mean yeah you're supposed to do it, but it's hard, especially, when they give you that I'm sad face." Jayla says.

"Yeah, but if this baby step out of line, it's going to get a spanking. As it grows spankings, will turn into whoppings." Angelica rubs her small belly.

"You better not leave no bad ass child with me, or I'm gonna get my mama's belt. She used to whop everyone with that belt." Evangeline starts to cry silently.

I walk over to her and take her hand. I pull her up and give her a hug.

"We will be going on a walk, we will be back here in like thirty, fourty-five minutes." I tell them.

"Alright, if we decide to go somewhere real quick, we'll call to let you two know." Peanut says.

"Alright." I turn towards a short trail.

I take her down this small trail. I hold her hand as we walk. I stop on this little bridge.

"It's beautiful out here." she looks at the little stream going under the bridge.

"Yeah, I come out here when I need to think. Or when I just need peace."

"Do you ever come out here to cry?"

"When I need to." I go behind her.

I wrap my arms around her waist and she leans her head back on me. I feel her body shake with silent sobs. I let her cry as I just hold onto her.

"Thanks for taking me here, I needed it." she turns around in my arms and hugs me.

"Your welcome." I hug her.

"Let's get back. Knowing Angie, she probably is starting to get hungry."

"Yeah, let's go back."