Chapter 33

I wanna rock with somebody body
I wanna take shots with somebody body
I wanna leave with somebody, body
And we ain't got to tell nobody
We ain't got to tell nobody
Somebody~Natalie La Rose ft. Jeremih

Evangeline's POV

"How are you feeling?" Quinn asks.

"I'm okay. I still miss my mama, but I'm going to be alright."

"I missed having you here. When Rafael is here, it's a tragedy." Freddy hugs me.

"You know you love him like a brother." I hug him back.

"Yeah, I do."

"Let me get to work."

"Yes, get to work." Quinn says.

I put my hair into a ponytail and get a notepad. Work goes by fast and soon I'm home. I make food for me and my daddy and then take care of Bandit. I take a shower and brush my teeth. As I'm about to go to bed, I look for Bandit and I find him in my parents room. I sit on my mama's side of the bed and go through her drawer. I find pictures and I feel my body rock with sobs. I decide to call someone that I know will come.

"Hello?"

"Can you come to my house, I need you here right now."

"I'm on my way."

I hang up my phone and a few minutes later I hear the front door open and close. She comes in my room and sits down. I hug Angie and cry into her shoulder.

"Thanks for being here for me." I lay my head on her shoulder.

"That's what sisters are for."

"This is a picture of my mama and Samuel as a baby." I show her a picture.

"This one is of you and your mama when you were first born." she shows me a picture of my mama in a hospital room.

We continue to go through the drawer and I find this thick yellow book with a blue butterfly on it. Yellow was my mama's favorite color and she loved butterflies.

"What's this?" I show Angie.

"There's only one way to find out."

I open the book and the first page says that it's addressed to me. I turn the page and I see a letter. I move it to where Angie can read it too.

Dear Evangeline,
By the time you find this, I will be resting in peace. I love you and I hate how I'm going to miss out on all these important steps in your life. I know that losing me is really hard, especially since not to long ago we all lost Samuel. I just want you to know that no matter what, remember me and Samuel want you to be happy. In this book, you will find letters for many days of your life. From your prom, to your wedding and so many more. There are letters for when you are sad, happy, or mad. There are also quotes and other things that I've enjoyed over time and I think you will too. I love you and I know that you're going to become a wonderful woman. Please take care of your daddy and tell him to be happy too.
Love,
Mama

"I think that this was a nice idea for your mama to do."

"I do too, it actually makes me feel better now." I say.

"Let's go to bed, we have school in the morning."

"Come on Bandit."

We lay down in the bed and Bandit lays in between us. After a few minutes, we fall asleep. I wake up earlier than usual, and start to get ready for school. As I'm in my room getting dressed, Angie suddenly wakes up and runs to the bathroom. I go in and as she throws up I rub her back.

"Thanks." she says as she gets up.

"What are sisters for?" I hug her, "But, you do need to brush yo teeth, yo shit is rotten."

"Fuck you, ho."

"I love you too." I walk to my room.

I go back to my room and put on my maroon joggers, my black t-shirt, and my black Air Froce Ones. Angie comes from the bathroom and puts on my blue joggers, my white t-shirt, and my white Air Force Ones. When both Angie and I are done, I make my daddy and us some breakfast. I wake my daddy up, who is sleeping on the couch.

"Good morning, cupcake." he yawns.

"I made breakfast for you and you need to go to bed." I kiss his forehead.

"I can't. Every time I step foot in that room, I think about, her. The whole room, this whole house is empty without her. Just sitting on the same bed, is making me cry. I need time, before I go back." my daddy cries.

"I miss her too. I miss Sam." I feel tears come down my cheek.

"I wish that we had more time with the both of them. I miss them both so much."

I lay my head on his shoulder, and cry. We sit there for ten minutes not speaking, just letting the tears come down our faces. I dry my eyes and get my daddy some tissue.

"Come on, let's go eat." I stand up, pulling him with me.

"Thanks for cooking. This pregnancy is making me fat. And I absolutely love it." Angie eats a piece of her waffle.

We finish eating and then I have Angie do the dishes. I decide to text Jayden.

Strawberry: Good morning

Teddy: Good morning

Strawberry: Where r u

Teddy: Pnut n I r on our way 2 come get u n Ang

Strawberry: Ok, c u soon

Teddy: C u

"The boys will be here in a little bit." I tell Angie.

"Alright." she says.

We hear a honk and I tell my daddy bye as we leave. I get into the back of the car with Jayden.

"Are you ready to go to my school?" I ask him.

"Your school? I don't know about you, but I go to Westpoint High, not Evangeline High." Angie turns around and faces us.

"Shut yo pregnant ass up."

"Fuck you."

"Anyways, back to our conversation. Yeah, I'm ready." Jayden smiles.

"Them hoes going to be trying to get you man." Peanut speaks.

"But once they see who he with, they gone back they asses the fuck up." I say as we park.

We all get out of the car and everyone looks at us, but mostly Jayden. I can already spot the hoes checking him out. I go near him and grab his hand. I pull him close and give him a peck on the lips. The hoes hurry up and turn their heads elsewhere.

"See you in class." Jayden says as we walk into school.

"See you."

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Hey dreamers, how's it going

It's that time again

Time for the QOTC Yippy!

If you had one wish, and you have to be selfish-meaning any wish will be for you, no one else-what would you wish for?

I would wish to one day find true love. Not everyone finds it and I really want that person who's made for me to be out there and for me to find them.

Thanks for reading

Dreamer