Chapter 17

Meet me at the altar
In your white dress
We ain't getting no younger
We might as well do it
Been feeling you all the while
Girl, I must confess
Let's get married
I just wanna get married
Let's Get Married~Jagged Edge

Evangeline's POV

"Good morning mama." I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning cupcake. Here's your breakfast." my mama sets my plate down.

Strawberry waffles, sausage patties, eggs with cheese, and hash browns. I went to the fridge and got the orange juice out. Getting two glasses down, I pour myself and my mama some.

"I missed your cooking so much, when you were gone." I eat a piece of waffle.

"When's your next off day?"

"Friday. I'm going to spend it with you and daddy."

"That's great. I'm going to go take a shower." she kisses my forehead.

I finish my breakfast and head out the door. As I walk to school, I think about what Jayden told me happened last night. Peanut and them are so lucky that it was Jayden and not anyone else. I spot my group of friends in the usual place.

"Did you hear?" Angie asks looking ready to kill someone.

"Yep, Jayden called me last night."

"Snitch." one of them whispers.

"You better be glad that it was him and not anybody else. You know what would've happened if his parents were there? Or if it was anyone else for that matter." I start.

"Listen, E.V." Peanut begins.

"No, you listen. You three could've been in jail or worse dead if it wasn't for Jayden." Angie pokes a finger in his chest.

"I told you guys that y'all didn't have enough information on the people, but you chose to ignore me. When I said it was a bad idea, you should have listened to me, but no you were to obsessed with getting your hands on shit."

"You complained if we messed up in taking something, but you messed up entirely and you expect for everything to be ok, but it's not ok. It's not ok." Angelica begins to cry.

"I'm sorry Angie." Peanut tries to hug her.

"Don't touch me." she moves away from him.

"Sometimes you guys are so stupid." I say before walking away with Angie following behind me.

"How could he be so stupid? What if Jayden would've shot without seeing who the people were? Or what if we never met Jayden, so many things could've went wrong. Jayden could've still called the police but he didn't, he let them go. Peanut just- ugh!" Angie rants.

"You really like him, don't you?" I look at her.

"Is it that obvious?" she wipes a stray tear.

"Did you tell him how you felt?"

"No." she shakes her head. "I'm scared."

"Why?" I wrap an arm around her shoulder.

"I'm three weeks late."

"What!? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I don't know." she says as the warning bell rings, "We need to go to class."

"No, we're skipping today." I pull her towards the exit.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."