Chapter 28

We all make mistakes
You might fall
On your face
But you gotta get up
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I am a conqueror
I won't except defeat
Conquer~Jussie Smollett & Estelle (Empire)

Jayden's POV

"That's sad how is she doing?" Mrs. Waits asks.

I called her this morning and I asked her to come meet me at Doughnut Mania. She doesn't know that I also told Jayla and her family to come.

"Evangeline will be alright. I mean, I know that she's hurting knowing that there's a strong chance that she will lose her mom, but I know that she can get trough it." I tell her.

"Especially with you by her side." she touches my hand.

"Well, I want to tell you some good news." I tell her.

"Really, what is it?"

"I'm going to need for you to close your eyes."

She closes them. I go outside and get Jayla and her family. We stand in front of her.

"Can I open my eyes now?" she asks.

"Yep."

Her face is priceless. I can clearly see the shock, but most of all the joy in her eyes.

"Jayla, is that really you?" Mrs. Waits stands from her seat.

"Yes, Delli, it's me." Jayla pulls her into a hug, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you more." Mrs. Waits hugs her tighter.

"Let's sit down." I say.

"So, who are these two adorable children?" Mrs. Waits looks at the kids.

"Well, this is Kayden. You were there when he was born." Jayla tells her.

"Look at how much he has grown." she hugs Kayden.

"And this is my daughter Kayla. And this is my husband, Kevin."

"It's so nice to meet you. When did you get back?"

"We've been here for a week now, but I saw Jayden not to long ago."

"What are you doing back?" she asks.

"Well, I got a better job offer here, so we packed up and moved." Kevin says.

We stay there for an hour and catch up. I decide that I should go see Evangeline and everyone else.

"Listen guys, I'm going to go check on Evangeline." I stand up.

"Ok, bye sugar." Mrs. Waits says.

"Bye uncle Jay." Kayden smiles.

"Bye uncle Jay." Kayla hugs me.

"Bye, give Evangeline my love." Jayla gives me a hug and a kiss on my left cheek.

I go to the counter and decide to get Evangeline and Angelica something.

"Hi, welcome to Doughnut Mania, how may I help you?" the girl bats her eyelashes at me.

"Can I get a half pound strawberry cheesecake doughnut, a half pound pumpkin pie doughnut, two caramel frozen lattes, and a melon burst slushy."

"That will be seventeen dollars and forty-three cents." the girl says.

"Here you go." I give her the money and get my receipt.

I wait while my doughnuts and drinks are being prepared. They are soon done and the woman gives them to me.