Chapter 41

We posed to be in love
Tell her ain't no breaking up
And we posed to be in love
Tell her ain't no breaking up
Ain't no way that we can talk about it
There ain't no walking out
We posed to be in love
Posed To Be In Love~Kevin Gates

Evangeline's POV

Today is the funeral. Not that many tears were shed when we heard the news of his death. In fact there were lots and lots of smiles. I walk out of the house with my daddy following behind. I follow the familiar route and come to the cemetery. We get out of the car and head to the graves that belong to my mama and my brother.

"Thanks, cupcake. You're going through a lot right now and you still take time out of your day to help your daddy." my daddy hugs me.

"And I always will," I hug him back. "I love you daddy."

"I love you, too, cupcake."

We visit both my mommy's and my brother's grave. As my dad looks at my mama's tombstone, I go to where there is a new whole, for a new body. The memories of that horrible night flash in my head. I feel tears start to come down my face before going back to my daddy.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I nod my head.

I take my daddy home before I drive to the hospital. I arrive and go straight to Jayden's hospital room. I sit in the empty chair next to his bed and hold his hand. It has been a month and five days since the fight and Jayden has been in a coma all this time. The only other thing that I do is go to school. I took vacation off from work and the boss said that when I'm ready that I can come back to work.

""Knock, knock." Jayla comes in with Kevin and the kids.

"Hey." I smile.

"How've you been?" Kevin asks.

"As good as I can be for now." I rub my tired eyes. "Are y'all going to the funeral?"

"Nope. My mom doesn't want us there and he wouldn't want us there either."

Mr. Coin died from blunt force trauma to the head. All the punches to the head caused his skull to be weaker, so when I kicked him and he hit his head hard on the ground, it caused the damage. They tried to save him and they put him into a chemically induced coma, but after awhile the doctors said that there was nothing that they could do to save him, but Mrs. Coin didn't take him off life support untill three days ago.

"Mommy, is uncle Jay going to die too?" Kayla asks.

"Baby, mommy's not sure. But the doctors are doing the best that they can." Jayla bends down and pulls Kayla into a hug.

We hear a knock at the door and in walks Clark. He has come here everyday. Actually everyone has. Sometimes I spend the night, others I stay here late.

"Hey, Clark." I smile.

"Hey, Evangeline."

"Anything new?" he asks.

"Nope. Same as always. No movement or anything." I look at Jayden.

"Mommy I have to pee." Kayla tugs on Jayla's hand.

"I do, too." Kayden says.

"I'll take him, you take her," Kevin says.

I look at them and can't help but to imagine me and Jayden in there place. Having kids, being married.

"How's your sister?" I ask.

"Good."

"And little Mari?"