Back at the H.

After forcing Elora to go to school the next day, I finally succeeded. Caleb and Liam went too knowing I was safe enough with Kelsie.

Liam came to see me after hearing what happened. He kissed my hand gently and held it to his chest. I could feel it thundering beside my skin and I just wanted to hug him and let him know I was okay.

I wasn't ready to tell them what happened. I don't think I could ever be. But all I wanted was to let go of my past without it backfiring.

I asked the boys to look after Elora and bring her back at the end of the day. They never hesitated. I think it only kept surprising me even more how they cared so much for me snapping from being my bullies.

I wanted to let it go and believe they changed but then again, I couldn't wrap my head around their change. Why did they? Maybe it was some sort of game between them. Who could make me fall in love with them first, kind of game.

It sucked. If that were true I think I would be utterly broken. I grew fond of them so much for protecting me and caring for the little girl I couldn't exactly believe they'd do such a thing as that. It seemed far-fetched.

Kelsie wanted to stay with me for the day and skip school. She'd been low key this whole time and I felt I revolved around myself mostly.

"Kelsie, how are you?"

"You're asking me when you're the one who's got a fucked up face?" She asked, putting her feet up on the bed. I smirked and chuckled.

"At least I know how I'm doing. What about you?"

She stared at me for a while and shook her head, bringing her feet down. She leaned over her thighs and looked up at me.

"Seeing you like that, it fucks me up Cora. I've never thought about killing someone till your dad. And you did it. You stopped it. And it hurts me that I wasn't there to help you."

I frowned and I held out my hand. She placed her soft little kind hand on mine and I held it.

"I wanted to finish it. For her. He wouldn't stop. No one believed me in the police department. If I take the evidence to the HOD, they'll believe me. I'll release it to the public if it's all it takes for the world to believe me. But it doesn't matter now, I'm okay, Elora's okay."

She frowned and squeezed my hand.

"It's not fair."

"It's not. Life isn't always paradise, Kel."

She shook her head and kissed my hand. "I still hate it, still."

I nodded. "I know. I needed to do what I had to. It was my fight after all. The support I got from you guys was enough for me to keep going. And I'll always have that boost with me."

She smiled slightly and nodded. "You'll never lose mine."

I nodded.

"I'm glad El Is safe."

"She's a little firecracker. Running here and there. She felt homesick at some point so we made her mom's favourite pot roast. She forgot all about it."

I laughed. "She's an alright kid."

"She's great. Whatever she's seen in her life, I know she's fucked in the head, but she's strong and she got that from you."

I smiled and shook my head. "It's all her. She's the one who's giving me life. I can't let her out into the world."

"Why?" She frowned.

"She's living a lie, Kelsie." "What are you talking about?"

"She's just someone else's kid." "What?"

I bit my lip and I sighed. "Mom cheated on dad years ago. She got pregnant. Told dad it was his. He believed it. He doesn't know. He'll never know."