Fucking Kids.

"So where are we headed?" He asked, as we got onto the highway. "East. I figure we can stay in Arkansas. For the time being of course."

"So, we're always gonna move to and fro?"

"Yeah. Once we settle we'll try to find Elora. She'll be up north I have a feeling." "Shouldn't we go there now?"

I shook my head.

"Situation is still fresh. It's gonna be hard to even find her in the first place. I can try to find some intel in a random cyber since we don't have a phone."

"Right."

I headed straight for Arkansas. He fell asleep a little later but I had to keep driving. I wanted to find us a safe place to live in. One that didn't display we were suspects to a false account.

After a few hours of driving, I pulled over at a motel. I checked the time and it was about 2 in the morning. I tapped Caleb's shoulder and he jerked up.

"Wha-?"

I chuckled. "Caleb, wake up. Come on. Let's get some proper rest." He looked at me and stretched.

We got down and he went in to book a room for the both of us. He came back with a key and he grinned at me. We walked up the stairs and he used the key to open the door.

We entered and locked it. I took off my jacket and I threw it on the couch before sitting on the bed. Caleb sat next to me and kissed my shoulder.

"What's on your mind?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing..."

He placed his hand gently on my back. "Come on, love. Let's get some rest." I smiled at him and we climbed under the covers.

I kissed his jaw and I cuddled close to him. He kissed my head and closed his eyes.

I sighed. Such an angel. Why did I bring him along? I knew he was gonna get hurt. But it was his plan anyway. I just know I had to protect him for as long as I could.

Finding Elora would be a difficult task especially in such a big country. I closed my eyes and hugged him tight.

This was gonna be so hard.

I woke up after a while and I checked the time. It was 5am. I pushed the covers away and I got up. I washed my face and I headed back to the bedroom.

I kissed Caleb on the head and he stirred awake. He looked at me and he smiled. "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, my love. We gotta go."

He pushed the covers away and he got up. He put on his shirt and shoes and we got to the door. I paused and I looked at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Caleb...." I pursed my lips and I let go of the door handle.

He frowned and cupped my cheek.

"What is it?"

I swallowed hard and I sighed.

"After we walk out this door, it's gonna be a mess, Caleb. You might get hurt. We might have serious problems. Are you sure you wanna do this with me?"

I looked up at him. He tilted his head and he smiled slightly.

"My whole life I dreamed that if I had to run away, it would be with you. And now that I get the chance I wouldn't wanna push my dream away from being with you and having this adventure."

I smiled and leaned into the palm of his hand.

"Cora, whatever it is we're gonna go through, it'll be fine. We can do this." I nodded. He kissed me gently and I wrapped my arms around him. "Okay." I uttered.