107. No Longer Sired

Stefan's POV

After Elena left me, Natalie and Jeremy in the road, she had gone after Connor and killed him in the tunnels. And now, me and Damon had just gotten a call from Natalie saying Elena attacked her and Jeremy last night. She had stabbed Jeremy in the neck and tried to stake Natalie but luckily, Jeremy was wearing his ring.

I walk into the Gilbert house with Damon traipsing behind me, seeing Natalie pacing in the living room, Jeremy lying on the couch. "What the hell happened? Where's Elena?" Damon immediately asks making Natalie look up at the two of us before I move over to her side. "Showering our brothers blood from her hands." Natalie deadpans.

Suddenly, a loud gasp emits out of Jeremy making us turn to him. "Welcome back. How're you feeling?" I ask, watching as Jeremy looks around dazed and confused. "What happened?" He wonders. "Long story. Buy the E-Book." Damon rolls his eyes before he heads into the kitchen.

"Jezza, you okay?" Natalie asks him and he nods slowly, still looking confused. "I'm gonna go to school." He tells us. "Are you sure?" Natalie questions and he nods, standing up. "Yeah, I'm sure." Jeremy replies. "Call me if you need anything, okay?" Natalie says and Jeremy pecks her cheek before walking to the front door.

I follow behind Natalie as she walks into the kitchen and leans against the counter. "Where's Jeremy?" Damon wonders. "School. Bonnie had him volunteering for some occult exhibit." I say, wrapping my arm around Natalie's waist. "I don't blame him for not wanting to be here right now." Natalie mumbles just as my phone starts to ring.

Using my free hand, I dig it out of my pocket and groan lowly when I see Klaus's name on the screen. "It's Klaus." I inform Natalie and Damon. "Ooh! Time to face the music, pay the piper, dance with the devil." Damon mocks and I narrow my eyes at him, regretting telling him everything, including everything about the cure.

"You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill the both of us." I warn him. "Uh, all three of us." Damon corrects, looking at Natalie and I scoff. "Klaus wouldn't lay a hand on her and you know it. Whether or not she knows." I argue and Damon rolls his eyes.

"Besides, I only knew before you because you have the biggest mouth." Natalie grins. "That's for damn sure." I mumble in agreement as Damon shakes his head in offence at the two of us. My phone rings again and I accept the call this time, lifting the phone to my ear with a sigh. "I don't want to talk about it." I tell Klaus immediately.

"Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future." Klaus replies. "Well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy." I argue sternly. "Well, life's full of 'if's', Stefan. Let's extenuate the positives, shall we? The Hunter was one of the Five. We'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Klaus speaks in an alarmingly calm voice.

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows. "Not you, if that's what you're worried about." Klaus assures as I look up at Natalie. "But I am concerned about Elena. Have the hallucinations started yet?" He wonders making Natalie's eyes widen. She had said Elena thought she was seeing Connor when she attacked Jeremy and Natalie.

"What do you know about that?" I interrogate curiously. "I'll tell you. Where are you?" He asks. "I'm at Laine's old house." I inform. "How convenient. So am I." Klaus replies, shocking the three of us, just as loud knocking sounds out on the door. I remove my phone from my ear before heading over to the door.

Natalie's POV

"I'll go check on Elena." I say as I speed up the stairs to check on my sister. I wander into her room and notice Elena backed up against the dresser, looking around in fear. "Elena? What's wrong?" I ask concerned. "No!" She yells out viciously with her hands out in front of her protectively. "Stay- stay away." She demands.