108. Miss Mystic Falls: Round Two

Natalie's outfit

Natalie's outfit

Natalie's POV

It's Miss Mystic Falls again and after what happened last year, I really don't want to go this year. But my amazing best friend is forcing me to go. She had helped plan the event, and she was determined to make me go. "You already forced me last year. Why do I have to go this year? The whole thing's just- ugh!" I exclaim.

I step out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around my body as my wet hair drips down my back. "That's because you don't appreciate the event." Caroline replies as she plugs in my hair dryer. "You're still coming whether you like it or not. So, we need to get you ready." She demands.

"But I don't want to!" I whine and Caroline gives me a stern look. "Natalie Laine Gilbert, sit your cute backside down and let me do your hair." She orders. "Oh, why'd you full name me?" I grumble as I sit down at my dresser. "Because I felt like it." Caroline responds immediately as she brushes through my hair gently.

"So, have you heard the latest on Damon and Elena? Apparently I was right and she has feelings for him." I say, starting to apply my makeup. "Oh, don't even get me started!" Caroline's tone indicates nothing but disproval of Damon and Elena being together, even though they're not. "He's quite literally taken advantage of her newbie vampire heart and made his move." She says before scoffing.

"Don't get me wrong, I love you and Stefan together, and can not wait for the two of you to get married, but you two are like the ultimate couple. Damon and Elena just- I don't know. It's weird. She hated him." She rants. "We've all hated Damon at one point." I agree. "Elena said she's confused. Whatever that means." Caroline mumbles before giving me a cheeky look.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows at her. "A certain original asked if you were going today." She informs me. "Nik asked if I was going?" I say and she nods. "He really likes you, Lee. And you can't deny that at one point, you liked him." She mutters and I sigh. "Yeah, I did. But I would never leave Stefan." I tell her. "I know that, but Klaus doesn't. But Stefan won't let you go again." She mutters.

"Hey, darling." As if on cue, Stefan appears in the doorway and I feel my knees go weak at the sight of him. "I've got something to deal with but I'll meet you at the Lockwood's straight after?" He says and I nod. "Okay." I utter softly as Stefan walks towards me. "I won't ask what you're doing but just be careful. And stay safe."

"Always." He promises, leaning down to peck my lips. "You look beautiful." He smiles as he starts to back out of the room, his eyes remaining on mine. "I'm not even ready yet." I argue, smiling softly. "You're still gorgeous." Stefan winks before walking out of our room. "Okay, this wedding needs to happen sooner." Caroline says, looking at me with a huge smile and I chuckle softly, shaking my head.

******

April stands in front of me, Caroline and Elena with a pretty blue dress in one and a very risqué red dress in the other. She wanted our opinions on the dress, considering all three of us have been in the pageant before. "Blue." Elena tells her and I furrow my eyebrows.