117. The Sire Bond Is Gone*

Natalie's outfit

Natalie's outfit

Natalie's POV

I stand in Caroline's kitchen, cooking the two of us breakfast. In reality, I'm trying to distract myself and this is the best way I know how. After my drinking episode, I for sure do not want to go through that again considering I didn't even recognise my own fiancé. "So, you can do stuff with your mind?" Caroline inquires curiously and I nod.

"Yeah. I haven't tried anything else out, but I guess I'm just waiting for someone to piss me off." I reply, sliding our omelettes onto our plates before moving to chop us up some fruit. "How does it work exactly? Do you have to say or scream anything?" Caroline asks as she sits down at the table and I place her plate in front of her.

"Not really. I scream it in my head and then it happens. It has the same affect as my banshee scream but just in my head." I explain and Caroline nods. "Are you ready for school today? Because if you're not, we can totally have a girls day. Just me and you." She asks and I smile softly. "I'll be okay. I've got to show my face sometime. But we are definitely having a girls day soon." I reply and she nods eagerly.

Just as I place our fruit bowls on the table, a knock at the door sounds out and by the familiar heartbeat, I know it's Stefan. I sped to the door, pulling it open and a smile pulls at my lips when I see him. "Hi." He greets, stepping into the threshold. Before I can shut the door, one of his hands come up to cup my cheek and leans down to kiss me softly.

"I'll take that greeting any day." I say breathlessly as he pulls back and Stefan chuckles. "You two are adorable." Caroline comments making me and Stefan smile at her. "You hungry?" I ask Stefan who nods. "You're not having any of my omelet." Caroline tells him firmly, pointing her fork at him. "I made spare." I comment handing Stefan a plate. "Thank you, baby."

******

Students attempt to be discreet as they watch me walk into the school hallways. But with my enhanced abilities, there was not much the loitering teens can keep from me. Whenever they looked at me, all I saw was sympathy and sorrow. And as if tiger overwhelming gazes weren't enough, Jeremy's face is plastered on the bulletin board.

I keep myself from looking at it, knowing it would take me down a road where I'm just crying all day. Irritated people won't mind their own business, I enter the girls bathroom and take a deep breath, looking up at my reflection on the mirror. Suddenly, the door opens behind me and I feel anger come over me when I see Elena saunter. "Oh, great. Exactly what I needed today." I scoff.

"Hey, Nat." Elena greets, adjusting her top. "You back on the cheerleading squad?" I ask incredulously, knowing she's up to something. "Thought I might participate in some activities." She replies. "Mmh. I guarantee you'll still be in the back." I utter sarcastically seeing her face change into irritation. "I just have one question." She mutters.