113. Private Dance

Natalie's Outfit

Natalie's Outfit

Stefan's POV

I walk into my room, seeing Natalie scouring through her closest, looking for something to wear to the dance. "Hi, Hubby." She greets without turning around and I chuckle lowly, sliding my hands around her hips, pressing a kiss to her neck. "Look what I got." I whisper in her ear.

She glances down at my hand and her grin widens when she sees a bag filled with her favourite fries. "You did not." She says. "I did." I nod, resting my chin on her shoulder, reviewing the dresses she's looking at. I know for sure she would look good in any of them. "It's been a while since we had them."

"It's funny, I was gonna get some before we head to the dance. I've been craving them and their melty cheese." Natalie responds before turning around to face me. "Are you ready for the dance tonight?" She wonders. "About that...I have bad news." I say carefully as she narrows her eyes. "They cancelled the dance. And don't use any of the water in town. It's full of vervain. Our house is the only one without it." I inform her.

"Okay, thank god because I love our shower." Natalie exclaims making me chuckle. "But why is the dance cancelled?" She wonders curiously. "The new mayor made a new curfew." I explain and she groans in annoyance at the fact we now have a curfew. "Well, that just means we finally get time to ourselves. Prepare to get sick of me." She smiles.

"I could never get sick of you, baby." I argue, shaking my head before an idea forms in my mind. "What if we still go to the dance?" I utter slyly. "Are you suggesting we break the rules, Mr Salvatore?" Natalie teases. "Come on. It's nothing we haven't done before." I reply and she purses her lips, thinking about it before she nods eagerly.

"Get a dress on. I'll meet you downstairs." I tell her. "Can we bring the fries, though?" Natalie wonders and I smile, nodding.

******

As I illuminate the dance floor, Natalie examines the scene. Red and silver balloons litter the floor, following the entire scene Caroline had planned. Standing at a table, I look up at Natalie, holding my phone in my hand. "Any requests for the DJ?" I ask and Natalie smiles over at me. "Surprise me, but nothing too cheesy."

"That leaves about nothing in the playlist I made just for tonight." I respond playfully, permitting my phone to play a random 80's song. I move away from the table, interlacing my hands with Natalie's as my eyes flicker up and down her frame, taking in her outfit. "Did I mention how perfect you look tonight?" I whisper.

"Only a couple hundred times. It's all you could talk about in the car. And don't think I didn't see all the pictures you took of me before we left the house." Natalie replies, giving me a knowing look. "Can you blame me? My girl's a beautiful goddess." I reply, raising my eyebrow. My lips tilt up when I see the giant blush on her cheeks.