112. The Headstone

Stefan's POV

I stretch out my arms, repressing a yawn as I wake up. Not feeling a usual weight on my chest, I turn to my side seeing Natalie laying on stomach, watching something on her phone. "It's about time you wake up." She grumbles. "You watching Friends again?" I question knowingly as I lean over and press my lips to Natalie's bare back.

"Are you disrespecting one of the greatest shows of all time?" Natalie scoffs jokingly, knowing I love it as much as she does. "I'm not. What's disrespecting is the fact that you're watching it without me!" I claim, sending her a playful glare and she gives me a small smile. "You snooze, you lose, hubby." She shrugs.

"Did you get any sleep?" I ask concerned. "Not a lot." She replies lowly and I sigh softly, before trying to cheer her up. "Okay, ultimate test. Joey or me?" I inquire. "Oh, there's no doubt. Joey. One hundred percent, no questions asked." She replies. "Wow!" I say, my voice laced with fake disappointment and Natalie smiles at my reaction.

"Sorry, but it's Joey Tribanni we're talking about here. Have you seen the man and his love of food?" She questions. "He's a made-up character in a sit-com." I argue. "So?" Natalie raises her eyebrow. "You have an obsession with Letty Ortiz from Fast and Furious." She argues back. "Well, that because she reminds me of you. A total badass." I explain, pressing my lips against her shoulder.

"Obsessed." Natalie pretends to cough. "Sorry, I must be coming down with something." She say. "I'm not obsessed with you." I lie and Natalie scoffs, pausing the episode before reaching over and grabbing my phone. The moment she grabs my phone, my lock screen appears to a picture of the two of us, my arms wrapped around her. It was taken the day of the car wash and our foreheads are leaning against each other as we smile widely.

"That proves nothing." I mutter and she opens my phone and flashes my home screen at me which is just a picture of her, covered by a sheet. She then opens my camera roll and scrolls through the amount of pictures I have of her, specially my loved photos. My camera roll only has pictures of my girl or me and her together.

"So, Mr Salvatore, how do you plead?" Natalie teases, handing me my phone as she rests her head on her fist. "Very guilty." I grumble and Natalie hums, cupping her ear with her free hand. "Wait, sorry. I didn't quite get that. What did you say?" She says amused. "Don't push your luck." I warn and her lips turn into a devious smile.

"Do you want me to open your phone?" I question. "Fine, fine." Natalie mumbles before she gives me a soft smile. "Wanna watch our favourite show with me?" She asks and I nod, sitting up against the headboard before Natalie moves in between my legs, resting back against me and pulls the sheets up to cover us.

"What season you on?" I wonder. "Three." Natalie mutters. "You've been awake longer than I've thought." I utter and Natalie nods. "Yeah. Do you want me to start on season one again?" She asks and I smile softly. "If you want to, baby." I reply and turning back to her phone, she restarts season one, holding the phone up for both of us to see.

******

Our happy morning didn't last long as Rebekah had unfortunately rung Natalie and interrupted us, wanting the two of us to meet her at the Grill. And now, she stands in front of us as me and Natalie sit at one of the tables. "We was having a good morning. What can we help you with?" Natalie questions sarcastically.

"I suspect Klaus wants to destroy the cure." Rebekah admits. "He what?" I ask baffled, sharing a look with Natalie. "He believes that of the cure gets into the wrong hands, it could be used against him, and, well, we all know he has made a lot of enemies." Rebekah explains. "So what do you expect us to do?" Natalie wonders as she takes a sip of her bourbon.