124. Graduation

Natalie's graduation outfit and hair

Stefan's POV

Walking away from the Grill bar, I place three glasses and a bottle of bourbon down on the table before sitting down next to Natalie who's talking quietly with Jeremy. "God, I need this." Caroline exclaims dramatically as she grabs one of the glasses, pouring a large drink making the three of us chuckle. I wrap my arm around Natalie's waist, pulling her closer to me as I fill our glasses.

"We should celebrate." Caroline suggests and I nod my head slowly. "Yeah, I'm not really in a mood to, uh, celebrate." I murmur, brushing my fingers across Natalie's shoulder. "Okay, what's wrong with you?" Caroline asks irritated. "Silas is dead, or whatever, and you're just sitting here like a bump on the log." She exclaims and I sigh softly.

"There was someone I thought I would see today, and, ah...I didn't. That's all." I explain shortly as Natalie rubs my thigh comfortingly and Caroline looks at me confused. "Lexi." Natalie utters softly and a look of understanding comes across Caroline's face. "You talking about me?" A familiar voice suddenly says making me and Natalie look at each other.

"No way." Natalie grins. "You've got to be kidding me." I scoff before we turn in our seats and see Lexi smiling at the both of us. I instantly stand up and hug her, guilt forming in me after what happened the last time I saw her. "Ah, I've missed you too." Lexi laughs before we pull away and she looks at Natalie.

"Hi, beautiful." She greets making Natalie smile widely before she gets up and wraps her arms around Lexi tightly. "I told you he'd come back to you, didn't I?" I hear Lexi whisper to Natalie who nods. "Yeah, you did." She whispers back before they pull away and smile at each other.

"And I believe a congratulations is in order." Lexi says excitedly, as she picks up Natalie's hand, her engagement ring glistening in the lights. "You finally grew some balls and done it, huh?" Lexi says to me and I nod. "Yep. Got down on one knee and everything." I chuckle. "Good. It was about damn time." Lexi agrees before she narrows her eyes at me.