Surprise

Smriti's POV

When Pez left it was like she took a part of me with her. I am currently at my apartment in Mumbai alone as there is rest given by BCCI after WPL. So i don't have anything to do except hitting the gym. I received a message from Pez stating that she landed two hours ago. So i cannot call her as she would probably be spending time with her family. It's almost evening means it would probably be night in Australia. So should i call her. After completing for some time i decided to Face time her.

Ring ring ring........
"Hlo" said Pez and came into view with broad smile on her face.
"Hey how are you, did you face any problem during flight, have you had your dinner?" I rambled as soon as i saw her.
"Shush baby, take a deep breath( i did as she said) i am fine and yes i reached smoothly without any hindrance and yes i have had my dinner. Mandyy you know you are really cute when you are worried" she said with a wide grin.
" oh don't make fun of me(I whined) so tell me how was meet after long time" I asked

"It was great. I did spend some time and tell me something Damien and mom teased me to death . They came to know about you because my certain friends couldn't keep their mouths shut. it was so awkward in the beginning but eventually after explained what you mean to me they got an idea that you are really awesome person. I want to meet you whenever you're in the town."

"Oh I already made fans i see. But you know how awkward i am when meeting new people but they mean a lot to you so i will definitely want to be in good books of my future in laws you know" I winked at the end and Pez turned into a red tomato and hide her face into pillow

"Oh god Jaan you are looking so cute and your hide your blushing face from me. It's only something I can see so never okay." She nodded vigorously making me laugh.

"Aa are you laughing at me like that." she said with a pout. sometimes it's hard to believe that someone like her could even agree to be my girlfriend. I consider myself so lucky to have someone like her in my life.

" oh hello Mandy, where are you?" She asked breaking my trance.

" how could I not be lost someone so ethereal is in front of me. my God, I can take my eyes away from you. How could someone be so beautiful?"

" stop it you're making me blush so hard" she said softly with a tint of blush covering her face.

And like that, we spent hours talking with each other, without realising the amount of time passed. When I saw the time it was almost 2 in the morning in Australia so I bid goodbye to Pez so she could sleep otherwise I know she will sacrifice her sleep for me. Silly mess i know but she is my silly mess. Oh gosh i sound so sappy but this is the affect she has on me turned a cold hearted bitch into a love sick puppy.

And like this two months passed away and now Australian team has a tour of England. Pez has already reached with her teammates and due to hectic schedule of training and travel it became difficult to talk daily but we knew from the start what we were getting into. So we both understand our national duties. But what she did not know is that I am going to surprise her in England. I am dearly missing her and I can let this opportunity go now. Can I?
So here I am at the airport of Nottingham. I hailed a cab to the hotel where i am staying which is same a Pez and its not any coincidence because i discretely asked her about it.

I checked into the hotel and freshen up in my home The chances of running into the team was quite low as everyone went for the practice session. I scrolled through my Instagram for some time and then i saw the time. The team would be back any moment so I got ready and went towards the reception area.

I sat at the lounge waiting for Pez and then the team bus arrived at the hotel and i was waiting for my girl nobody noticed me as i was sitting in the corner but when everyone stood in the lobby to discuss tomorrow's schedule I sneaked behind Pez

I sat at the lounge waiting for Pez and then the team bus arrived at the hotel and i was waiting for my girl nobody noticed me as i was sitting in the corner but when everyone stood in the lobby to discuss tomorrow's schedule I sneaked behind Pez. She was in her practice kit

Some of her teammates noticed me and were initially shocked i mean i would be too but they kept quiet and were curiously seeing the scene unfolding in front of their eyes

Some of her teammates noticed me and were initially shocked i mean i would be too but they kept quiet and were curiously seeing the scene unfolding in front of their eyes. I wrapped my hands around her eyes she was shocked and yelped in surprise then she turned around to me and she stood there numbed and motionless. I was not expecting such reaction from her.
" guys I'm saying things I think I'm so tired that I'm literally imagining that Mandy is standing in front of me like how is that even possible so I think I should rest a little gosh what is happening to me?" She exclamation bewildered. This caused an uproar of laughter in the team. I stood there amused at her reaction. She looked so cute with that frown on her face.
" snap out of it Pez you are making a fool out of yourself. She is literally standing in front of you." Said Sophie laughing and it worked as Pez came forward towards me and my face with her hand.
" you are real. It means you are present here( she thought out aloud)oh no i am so embarrassing myself right now." This made me laugh out loud and everyone stood in daze as this was the first time they saw me laughing like actually laughing. Pez just ran towards me and hugged the life out of me. She was not letting me go. I wanted to kiss her so bad but i knew we could not do that in front of her teammates, so i controlled myself.
"ok enough Pez let the girl breathe" said  Healy to her best friend
" and i think the team could not take any more shocks.( i turned around to see everyones face and it was true their mouths were touching the floor and i am not joking about it)close your mouths guys" she said laughing.

" hey guys good to meet you heard a lot about you from this one.(points towards Pez) hope that we could catch up someday." I said with small smile

" ok bye buys let me escort my friend and see you guys later" saying this she pushed me away from them and  went towards her hotel room leaving everyone behind.

Author's PoV
" wow i can't believe this happened like we saw The Smriti Mandhana aka the ice queen talked to us and laughed. I mean i have seen her play for long period of time but it's like she transformed into another person." Said Meg Lanning
" i think being friends with Pez has rubbed off to her as well. I mean the only person i could think that could break ger walls is Pez and i think she was successful in it and I have not seen Pez like this after her divorce so i think its good for both." Said Ashley Gardner replied and everyone agreed to it and then went to their respective rooms calling it night.

Author's note.....
Hey guys could not update yesterday due to prior engagement but here is today's update hope you guys enjoy it.