Chapter 2

*Erin POV*

Once we had made it home, I went straight to the couch and Owen headed to be room to take a nap. It had been a long day and I just wanted to rest, but that didn't seem like it would happen anytime soon.

Once I sat down, I grabbed a notebook, a pen and my laptop. I was in charge of looking over the list of possible new workers. There was a lot to choose from, but I had a few ideas. I had to check and see how well they were with the animals, if they were good at swimming and other things like that.

A knock was suddenly heard and I set my pen down with a sigh. I then stood up and stretched my back before waking to the door and opening it.

"Erin— wow, did I wake you up?" Karen Ludwig, one of our neighbors, asked.

"No." I shook my head as I let out another sigh. "I'm just really tired."

"Oh, well I can came back some other time." She propped Lily up higher on her hip and she began to step backwards.

"It's okay, come on in." I stepped aside and let her in.

Michael, her husband, must've been at work. The Ludwigs were amazing friends. They moved in next to us a few months after everything settled down.

"Where's Owen?" Karen asked as she looked around the room.

"He's taking a nap." I told her and I set a glass of water down for her.

"Are you sure it's okay that I'm here?" She asked before taking a sip of the water. "I don't want to intrude or anything."

"Yeah." I nodded as I have her a smile. "It's totally fine."

Lily suddenly let out a squeal and clapped her hands together. I held my hands out and she leaned forward to try and reach for me.

"How's little Tiger Lily?" I cooed as I lightly tickled her chubby belly.

She giggled in response and squirmed around. I let out a laugh small and hugged her to my chest. Lily was the sweetest little baby I knew.

"So, what's up?" I asked and I looked up from Lily.

"Well, Michael wanted to invite you guys over for dinner." Karen told me. "Maybe to even watch the playoffs with Owen."

"That sounds like fun." I smiled at her and I readjusted Lily on my lap. "I'll ask Owen when he wakes up."

"Speaking of that, I'd better go." Karen stood up and I handed Lily back to her. "Wouldn't want to stay any longer than needed."

"No, it's fine." I smiled as I walked her to the door. "You guys are always welcome over."

"Thanks." She smiled at me and she walked out. "Bye." She waved.

"Bye." I waved and shut the door behind her.

"Who was that?" A groggy voice suddenly asked, followed by a big yawn.

I turned around and saw Owen standing in the doorway, rubbing his eyes.

"That was Karen." I told him and I pulled him into a hug.

"What'd she want?" He mumbled as buried his head into my neck.

"They invited us over for dinner." I told him and I pulled away from our hug. "You still tired?" I asked and looked up at him.

He sighed and nodded his head, sitting down on the couch. "Yeah, but it'll wear off."

I sat down next to him and leaned my head onto his shoulder, bringing my knees up to my chest. "I can see when our next day off is." I told him.

Our manager and I are pretty close friends. So I could try and talk to her, see if we could get a few days off.

"Yeah." Owen sighed and he leaned his head against mine. "That would be nice."

I leaned forward a bit and grabbed the remote off of the table, clicking the button to turn on the TV. Settling back down again, Owen grabbed my hand and started to play with my fingers as I channel surfed. Nothing was really on, so I shut off the TV and let my head fall back.

"Take a nap." Owen told me.

"That's what I'm trying to do." I mumbled as I snuggled into Owens side.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on to his chest and let out a small sigh. He kissed the top of my head and picked me up, carrying me to the bedroom.

After tucking me in, he closed the curtains and shut the door behind him. I closed my eyes and eventually drifted off into a blissful and much needed sleep.