Chapter 7

Recap

"Its alright." I cooed. "You're fine, those men won't hurt you anymore." I whispered softly.

A hand was placed on to my shoulder and I saw Owen staring down at me. He pulled up a chair and sat down.

"How could they do this?" I shakily asked as I looked around the lab with sadness and anger.

"I don't know." Owen sighed and shook his head. "But we will end this."

Suddenly, someone burst through the doors. "What in the hell is going on in here?!"

I looked at the person in shook and stood up. "What are you doing here!"

*Erin POV*

I slowly walked up to my friend, the baby Pachycephalosarus still in my arms. "When did you get here?" I questioned her.

"Claire called me." Alice replied with a smile on her face. "She told me what was going on." She said as she waved her hand around the room.

"It's so good to see you." I mumbled and I pulled her into a small hug, careful not to squish the baby.

"You too."

The baby Pachycephalosarus suddenly let out a call and I moved back. I rocked her back and forth, smiling at Alice as I did so.

"Well, who is this?" Alice asked and she gently rubbed the baby's belly.

"I haven't named her yet." I stated.

Alice suddenly got a worried look on her face and looked at me. "Why is she shaking?"

I frowned again as glared at the 'doctors'. "They're experimenting on the dinosaurs." I sneered, giving everyone who worked in here a cold.

"What!" She exclaimed and she jumped up.

She grabbed a nearby soldier and shook his shoulders. "Why the hell would you do this!" She dragged him around the lab with an angry look on her face. I let out a small laugh and shook my head. I've taught her well.

The baby Pachycephalosaurus let out another cry and I looked down. She let out a yawn and I smiled softly. She appeared to have already been tested on, like most of these dinosaurs. I let out a sigh of anger and defeat at this. How could these people do this? It's just... it's evil and complete madness.

I did one more check-up on the female and set her gently down on to a padded table. I gently rubbed her boney head and sat on a chair.

"I think I'll call you, Halo." I stated.

While I was checking her over, I noticed she had a yellowish ring around her skull, much looked kind of like that of a halo.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Owen walked up to me and asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled, nodding my head as I stood up from the chair:

I rubbed Halo's snout one last time before walking out of the lab with Owen. Alice soon joined our side, and she took her place next to me.

"I'm definitely going to be working on that god forsaken lab." She sighed as she shook her head. "If I had known what was going on, I would've been here sooner." She stated and she turned to me. "I'm so sorry—"

"Don't apologize." I told her. "It wasn't your fault."

"I just— how could they do that?!"

I shook my head and sighed. How could something like this happen. Soon enough, Alice ran off and a soldier took Owen and I to where we would be staying. We were then told that someone would fetch us for dinner.

I sat down on to the small couch and let out another sigh for about the thousandth time today. Owen sat down next to me and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his lap. I leaned my head into his neck and closed my eyes.

"What're we going to do?" I asked as I glanced up at Owen.

"I have no idea." He mumbled. "But you need to relax for a bit."

After he said that, he started to trail little open mouthed kiss up and down my neck. I let out a sigh of content and leaned my head back to give him more access. A knock was suddenly heard and Owen let out a groan. An ours at the noise, I stood up and answered the door.

"What do you want Rj?" I agitatedly asked as I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Someone's here to speak with you." He stated.

"Can it wait?"

"Nope." He shook his head. "She said that it was important."

I nodded my head as I let out a few bad grumbles. I shut the door and walked into the living room, grumbling as I grabbed my jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"Claire's here." I told Owen. "Says that she needs to talk with us."

"How do you know its her?"

"I just do. Lets go."