Chapter 4

*Erin POV*

"That's it for today!" I exclaimed as I climbed out of the water. "Have a great rest of the day here at Sea World!"

Music blared through the speakers and I waved to the roaring crowd. I jogged back down to the locker room and quickly showered, then I got changed. After I laced up my last boot, I grabbed a hair tie and walked out of the locker room. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and grabbed a water bottle on the way out, just not at the same time.

I jogged over to a nearby restaurant and ordered a sandwich. As I was waiting in line, Owen suddenly burst through the doors.

"Erin!" He called with a shocked look on his face. "You'll never guess who's on the phone." He exclaimed as he ran over to me.

"The President?" I guessed. You would think it was by the way he was acting.

"What? No!" He shook his head and he shoved a phone into my hand. "Say hello."

"Um," I looked at Owen with a weird glance before actually speaking. "Hello?"

"Erin! Its so nice to talk with you!" I turned to Owen with wide eyes and he had a large grin plastered onto his face.

"Claire Dearing!" I exclaimed and I let out a laugh. "How have you been?" I asked, grabbing my sandwich as it was handed to me.

"I've been good." She told me.

"What about Zach and Gray?"

"Say hello boys." She spoke and soon, two other voices were heard.

"Erin! Hi!"

"What's up?"

"It's so great to hear your voices again." I stated as I sat down. "Hold on, I'm putting you on speaker." I told them.

I quickly put them on speaker so that I could eat while I was talking to them. Once I got everything in order, I turned to Owen and handed him a sandwich as well.

"So, what did you need?" I asked and I took a bite of my food. Just gonna say, it was delicious!

"Um, can anyone else hear this?" She quietly asked.

I looked up from my sandwich and turned to Owen with a confused glance. "Yeah, why?"

"I don't think anyone should hear this, other than you two." She said.

I gave Owen a worried look and he shrugged. I put my food anyway and grabbed the phone, walking out of the restaurant. Owen and I went into a secluded area and I turned the phone back on speaker.

"Okay, whats going on?" I asked. "Is everything alright?"

"You might want to sit down for this." She told us.

Oh no. This doesn't sound good.

~•~•~•~

I sat down on a chair with my head in my hands. Owen stood behind me with a hand on my shoulder, the other holding the phone.

"Are you sure?" Owen asked, an angry look in his eyes.

"Yeah, positive." Claire replied. "I didn't believe it at first either."

It soon went quiet and I grabbed the phone from Owens hands. "Can we call you back?" I mumbled.

"Sure, call me at any time." She said and hanging up soon after that.

I looked down at the phone before throwing it into a nearby wall. "I thought we were finished with this!" I exclaimed as I turned to Owen with fury.

"So did I." He said and he narrowed his eyes at the ground, his fists clenched by his sides.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered as I shook my head. "T-this shouldn't be happening. Not like this."

"Hey," Owen knelt down in front of me and he grabbed my hands. "We'll figure something out."

"How could we just forget Dr.Wu!" I threw my hands into the air. "He was the one who actually created the Indominus!" I hissed under my breathe.

"I know, I cant believe it either." Owen shook his head. "But you need to calm down." He gently stated as he ran his thumb over my knuckles.

"I don't care!" I yelled. "And now... now he has created some Hybrids, and what is he going to do to them," I paused to let out a bitter laugh. "He's sending them to the army."

"Just— just sit down for a bit." Owen said and he led me to a chair.

I plopped down in the chair and rested my head against my palm. Letting out a sigh, I shook my head. "Those soldiers don't even know how to work with them." I muttered.

"You know what." Owen stood up and pulled me into a hug. "We're going home." He stated.

He picked me up and carried me out of the alley way we were in. I wrapped my hands around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder.

How could something like this just happen? And we let it happen! Why didn't we check to see if everyone had gotten off of the island. If we had, then we wouldn't be in this mess.