Chapter 3

Time flew by quick as I slept, and it was soon 5:25 and time for us to head to the Ludwigs. I thought that it would be nice to bring something with us, so I made a small eclair cake.

I held the cake in my hands as Owen knocked on the door.

"Coming!" I heard Karen exclaimed.

She ripped open the door and a huge smile appeared on her face. "You made it!"

"Yeah." I smiled and we walked through the door. "I hope you don't mind." I told her as I held up the cake.

She smiled warmly and she grabbed it from my hands."Not at all. Thank you."

She led us into the kitchen where Michael was already chatting with another man.

"Hey, Michael." Owen greeted and pulled him into a hug.

"Owen! Nice to see you." Michael clapped him on the back. "This is a buddy of mine, Rj."

"Nice to meet you." Rj held out his hand.

"You too." Owen smiled as he shook Rjs hand, and he set a hand on to my shoulder. "This is my wife, Erin."

"It's nice to meet you Rj." I smiled as I shook his hand as well. He seemed like a very nice man.

"Why don't you boys go watch TV, we'll finish up dinner." Karen stated and she pushed them out of the kitchen.

I grabbed a spoon and I started to stir the soup while Karen cut up some vegetables.

"I hope you don't mind we invited Rj." Karen sheepishly stated as she dumped some of the carrots into the soup.

"No, it's fine." I reassured her. "It's nice to meet new people."

"That's good." She nodded as she let out a small sigh.

We went back to cooking dinner until it was all finished. We called the boys back in and we all crowded around the table.

"So, Rj. What do you do?" I asked before taking a sip of the soup.

"Well, I worked at a bar once, but now I'm a photographer." Rj stated and he smiled. Such a happy dude. "What about you guys?"

"We work at Sea world."

"Really! Awesome!" Rj exclaimed and he let out laugh. "What do you work there as?"

"Well, I do a bit of everything." Owen answered before he pointed at me. "Erin works with the killer whales."

"Damn!" Rj laughed and he smiled again. "Is it fun?" He turned to me.

I let out a laugh at his enthusiasm and nodded my head. "Very fun." I answered.

The baby monitor suddenly went off and we all heard Lily let out a loud cry. Karen let out a sigh and went to stand up, but I stopped her.

"I'll get her." I told her, setting my spoon down and standing up.

"Are you sure? You don't have to." She shook her head.

"It's fine." I patted her shoulder as I walked past her and into the living room.

When I opened the door to the nursery, Lily was in her crib and was moving around, letting out little cries.

"Shh, it's okay." I whispered gently and I picked her up.

I cradled her in my arms and looked around for her pacifier. Once I placed it in her mouth, she sucked on the rubber sucker and calmed down a bit.!I held her in my arms and lightly rocked her back and forth. I looked down at her with a smile and she grabbed my finger, squeezing it as hard as she could.

A small knock was heard on the door and I turned around to see Owen standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey." I whispered, nodding my head for him to walk over to Lily and I.

He walked over to us and he pressed a kiss to my temple. He looked down at Lily and gently tickled her stomach. She let out a small giggle and spit her pacifier out, making little noises as she stared at him with big eyes. I let out a small laugh and looked at Owen.

"We should take her to Karen, she might be hungry." I stated as I turned to walk out of the nursery.

Owen followed behind me as I walked, and I found Karen in the kitchen.

"Hey, there's my little munchkin." Karen cooed and she took Lily from my arms.

I took the wet rag from Karens hands and pushed her out of the kitchen. "Go in the living room. I'll finish up in here." I told her.

"Thank you so much." Karen gushed and she gave me a quickly hug before walking out.

I turned back to the dirty dishes and got to work.

~•~•~•~

It was about an hour after that, that Owen and I left. Once we got home, I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth. I climbed into bed next to Owen and snuggled into his side.

"That was fun." Owen stated.

"Yeah, it was nice." I replied and I let out a yawn.

I laid my head on his chest and grabbed his free hand. Owen wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to him, and wrapped the other around my waist.

"Goodnight." He whispered and he kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight." I mumbled and closed my eyes, drifting off the sleep.