Chapter 21

Photo has nothing to do with the
chapter. But GOD DAMN!! 😍

*Erin POV*

I was siting on the edge of a fence, just enjoying the wind and sun, when I was suddenly interrupted.

"Erin, I need to tell you something." A voice stated from behind me.

I let out a surprised scream and jumped in the air, falling on to the ground with a thud. I let out a pained groan and I tilted me head upwards to see Rj peering down me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a worried look on his face. "Are you dying?"

"I'm fine." I gasped out. "Just help me up." I held my hand out.

Rj grabbed my hand and pulled me up, patting my back as I wheezed a bit for air. I dusted my legs off and turned to Rj. "What did you need to tell me?" I asked.

"Right, well..." Rj leaned in to whisper something, and so did I. "I think Smith might be on to you guys." He whispered.

"What?" I shouted as I leaned away from him, but quickly went back to a whisper. "How did that happen?!"

"I'm not exactly sure how." Rj told me. "But I heard him talking to a Dr. Wu about getting rid of someone."

"Why would they do that?" I asked as I glared down at the ground. "Do you know who this person is?"

"No, I don't." He shook his head. "But that's not all." Rj sighed and he pulled out a folder. "I printed this out, he was also going to send the Gallimimus to Israel."

I narrowed my eyes at the folder and stuffed it into my bag, giving Rj a thankful nod. "Thanks for telling me." I told him. "That really helps."

"Anytime." Rj smiled. "Need anything, I'm your guy." He state and he pointed to himself.

"Yeah, I'll call you if we need anything." I let out a small laugh as I walked backwards. "Bye." I waved.

"Peace out!" He exclaimed and he held up two fingers.

I turned around and pulled the folder back out, going through the papers that Rj had printed out. I let out an angry huff and glared down the papers. Smith was really getting a lot worse and worse every day! He needed to be stopped.

*Sergeant Smith POV*

I watched through the window of my office as Erin Grady walked across the courtyard, a heavy glare set on her face. Claire Dearing soon walked up to her and said something, and the two soon walked away.

I sat back down on to my chair and picked the phone back up, placing it by my ear.

"Sir, I'm back." I told Dr.Wu.

"So, have you figured it out yet?" He asked me.

"Not yet, but I have a hutch." I stated.

A few days ago, someone had snuck into my office and stolen something very important. I was lucky that didn't get on to my computer. But just to be safe, once I find the person who did it, they won't ever be back.

"Well, hurry it up." Wu snapped into the phone. "I– we need those dinosaurs shipped out as soon as possible."

"I know." I told him. "I'm getting it done as fast as possible."

"But not fast enough" Wu retorted. "What about the men? Have they been trained?"

"Yes sir." I nodded my head as I rearranged a few things that were in my desk. "They'll be heading out in a few weeks."

"Good, need I remind you who's paying you for this very honorable job?"

"I know, Sir." I sighed. "I know."

"Good, now get back to work!".

*Erin POV*

"Erin, what are you looking at?" Claire asked and she walked up to me.

"Look." I stated and I thrust the papers into her hands. "Look at this crap."

Only after looking at the first page, Claire looked up with a glare on her face. "How could he do this?!"

"I don't know." I stated and I shook my head. "We need to hurry up and finish our search." I reminded her.

"I know." Claire nodded. "That's what I'm here about."

"Okay, what's up?"

"Zach said that he found something else." Claire stated as she handed the folder back to me.

"Really? What did he find?" I asked as I placed the folder inside my bag.

"He didn't tell us." Claire shrugged. "He said to met him at the lab in a few hours."

"Okay, thanks." I told her and I nodded my head.

"You're welcome, just wanted to make sure that you knew." Claire stated and she have me a hug. "See you later."

"Yeah, bye." I smiled and I waved at her as she walked away.

Good timing that we walked away when we did, cause when I turned around, my phone rang. Picking it up, I placed it by my ear.

"Hello?"

"Erin, can you met me at study hall?" Owen asked. "I need to show you something."

"Sure." I replied. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine."

"Okay, well, see you soon." I told him as I started my walk to study hall.

"Okay, bye, love you."

"Love you too." I replied and I hung up the phone, placing it into my pocket.

Looks like I'm heading to study hall, for the third time today. Great.