4th of July Surprise [3]

Danielle's POV

Time seemed to roll by quickly and before you know it it was the 4th of July. We were in Connecticut, so we all headed to Stephanie and Paul's spending it with them. Although they were not expecting us we knew they wouldn't mind. I would say Stephanie and Paul were parental figures to Colby and I. Assuming they had a pool, I brought wear a bikini underneath my regular clothes

Me and the boys walked out of the small condo we rented there and headed down to a local Walmart to get some things to bring to Stephanie and Paul's. It would be rude to show up unexpectedly empty handed.

I swung the car keys around my finger and looked over at the boys.

"Guys, I'm driving ok?" I say and Joe laughs nervously.

"Hand over the keys Danielle, we all know that you get distracted and have major road rage." He retorts, I roll my eyes and throw the keys at him before hopping to sit there in backseat with Jonathan.

"Come on Joe, we don't want to be too late. We have a lot of things we need to get, especially the fireworks!" I say getting all giddy.

We arrived at a Walmart that was thirty minutes away from Stephanie and Paul's. I handed Joe and Colby a list of food to get while Jonathan and I would get all the fun stuff such as the fireworks.

"Don't be too long, it's almost 12 and we need to get there before 2." I say to Joe and Colby before going our separate ways

"We'll meet you at the register!" Colby Yelled out and I quickly turned and gave him a thumbs up.

Jon and I strolled over the firework section and let me tell you it was being a little kid in a candy shop. I wanted every single one, but I knew that we had to take precaution before buying anything. Steph and Paul had three little girls and the last thing I wanted was for either of them to get hurt. Our heads would be on a platter if anything happened to them.

Jon had spotted a firework that looked like a rocket. I almost regretted bringing Jonathan to this section. I had already planned to tell him, but I know he wouldn't give it up.

"Jonathan, no. That's so dangerous for the girls and looking at the price tag it's not too pretty." I say pointed at the $50 price tag.

"Don't be such a killjoy Dani, the girls won't be anywhere near it. As for the price, you know this won't hurt my pockets." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes

"Whatever Jon, just know that if anything happens, it's you fault." I say walking down the aisle to check out what else they offered.

We had finished shopping at Walmart, and I had a blast picking out all the fireworks! I got some cute little items for the girls, I never had little siblings so spoiling these girls made me feel that way.

We were almost halfway to the house and Jonathan was beyond bored. He just can't sit still without annoying me.

"Gosh, Jonathan, please for the hundreth time stop poking my cheek." I say laughing, grabbing his finger.

"You have nice cheek bones, unlike Colby." He says and I chuckle.

"Hey! I have delicate cheek bones too! We're here," Colby says, putting the car in park.

I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt, grabbed a few bags of groceries and scurried over to ring the doorbell.

Stephanie opened the door with a smile and grabbed the bags from my hands.