One Last Time [34]

Jonathan's POV

I perched on the couch and leaned forward, staying silent. Hearing Danielle talk about her past in that state was heartbreaking. She had been through a lot and I could sense that. It pissed me off that Colby brought up such a touchy subject that he didn't rightly understand the way Danielle did. I was certain that if it weren't for Joe being here, I would beat the life out of Colby for what he did. 

"No luck." Brianna said disappointingly as she and Nicole walked out of Danielle's room. They tried speaking to her, but all that we could gather were her cries and shouts.

"You know you're such an asshole." Nicole spoke, pointing her finger at Colby.

He rolled his eyes and glared at her. "Don't you think I already feel that way, I need to speak to her." Colby got up, but Nicole stepped in front of him.

"She doesn't want to talk to you tonight, you've done enough damage."

I shook my head and got up from my position.

"You two arguing will not get us anywhere. I'm going to go talk to her." I groaned as I made my way to her door.

She was resting on her bed and faced the window. You could hear her sniffles and scattered intakes of air. I softly locked the door and sat down beside her. Danielle turned her head, and I caught a glimpse of her red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"What the hell are you doing here." She snapped, wiping her tears and moving away from me.

"I came to talk to make sure you were alright darling."

"Obviously, I'm not. You can leave." She answered coldly as she went on to break down.

"Darling, I'm not leaving. I can see right through you, I know you better than you know yourself. I know that you're hurt, and you feel betrayed right now, but I'm right here. You can cry to me and I won't judge you, sweetheart, come on." I signaled her to lay in my arms.

Danielle looked at me for a minute before eventually dropping to my arms and sobbing out.

"It's okay, just let it all out." I whispered whilst rubbing comforting circles on her back.

We remained like that for a great fifteen minutes before she became tired from all the crying. I gently settled her body down on the bed and pulled the covers up over her body.

I kissed her cheek and spoke patiently, "I'm going to go sweetheart, you stay here and get some rest."

She sniffled and shook her head.

"Please stay with me tonight." She whispered, clutching onto my hand. I could never resist my girl.

I kicked off my shoes and settled next to her as she let out a sigh and spoke.

"Jonathan, do you think less of me now that you know the truth?"

I looked over and shook my head no.

"Darling, everybody has a past and I'll accept and love your for yours just like you did for me."

She scoffed, "You probably think I'm a whore-"

I immediately cut her off, not wanting her to even refer to herself as that. Danielle was far from what she described herself.

"Don't ever call yourself that, you don't even come close to that. If anyone said that about you I would rip their head off. Understand?" I advised her firmly, and she nodded her head.

"Baby you don't understand how much I miss you and love you. I told you to forget about us, but I can't even bring myself to do that. Darling, I should have never listened to your brother and let him control our relationship. That was the foolishest thing I ever did." I said taking a good look at her who cried again.

"Darling, I want to be with you more than anything in this world, but maybe in a few months. I need you to go home and find yourself like you said you would alright? I promise my heart still belongs to you no matter where we are in this world, no woman can make me feel the way you do." I continued.

I placed her hand overtop of my heart and spoke out once more.

"You feel this baby, my heart is breaking seeing you like this. Stop crying now, I love you so damn much daring." I confessed, pulling her closer and nuzzling my face into her neck.

"I love you too, Jon." She whispered through the cries.

She pulled away from the embrace, shaking her head.

"I should have never lashed out on you the way I did. I'm sorry for everything that I did on my part, I should have let you explain better instead of walking out." apologized Danielle, it broke my heart even more seeing the love of my life feel this way.

"I'm sorry too sweetheart, I'm going to leave so you can get some rest." I said moving to get out of her bed, but her tiny hands caught my wrist.

"Please stay and hold me one last time." She begged

I nodded my head and pulled her tight to me, loving this moment as I didn't know when I was going to get this chance again. She was flying back to Orlando in a few days and I needed to appreciate this moment. I closed my eyes and rested my head on her neck.

"I love you Jonathan."

"I love you too, darling." I whispered, kissing under her ear as the two of us fell asleep in each other's arms.

Do you think Jonathan and Danielle will get back together again? Are you happy that Jonathan accepts Dani's past? I hope that y'all enjoyed LOL. Check out my new Seth Rollins story titled Addiction! Vote and comment, don't be silent readers!