Mama Bear [56]

Danielle's POV

"Colby, pull over you dick, I have to pee!" I screeched, holding onto the roof handle.

"Come on Dani, can't you hold it in? We've only got half an hour left."

I glanced over at him and glared, Elena poked her head in from the backseat and laughed hitting Colby on the shoulder.

"Pull over Colbs, the pregnant lady needs to pee. And plus, I'm not in a rush to say goodbye to my brother and sister."

Elena was heading to college and today was the day we were dropping her off. Colby was able to take a day off to come with us and neither one of us were looking forward to saying goodbye, but we'd see her in a few weeks for break.

"I'm gonna miss you so much—"

"Come on, woman, go inside and pee." Colby cut me off as Elena giggled. I rolled my eyes and entered the gas station so I could use the restroom.

I rinsed my hands and quickly purchased a bag of potatoes chips because of my cravings.

"This is all for me today." I said as I put the bag down and shuffled through my wallet for cash.

"Danielle, is it really you?" I laughed and looked up. Immediately, I felt the color run out of my skin.

"M-mom?" I asked.

She had gotten much older, bags under her eyes and wrinkles around her mouth. Her eyebrows that used to be a dark brown were now turning gray along with the hair on her head. She walked around the counter quickly, looking me up and down.

"Oh my god, Danielle Kate, look at you. Oh, I missed you." She tried reaching in for a hug, but I held one of my hands out while the other rested on my stomach protecting my children.

"Stop, please don't act like everything is okay. Why are you here in Vegas, you're supposed to be in Iowa? Are you stalking me?" I told her, stepping back towards the exit. She stepped closer but still kept her distance.

"I-I moved out of Iowa three years ago. I stayed in Chicago for a while until I decided to move here."

She looked out the large glass window and her hand came up to her mouth. I furrowed my brows and looked behind me to see what she was looking at. Colby and Elena. They didn't have any clue what was going on, talking amongst themselves. I had to think quick and get out of here; I needed to protect myself from this crazy woman who was my mother.

I pulled open the door and rushed to the car but I wasn't quick enough, she had followed me out.

"Colby, open the door!" I yelled, knocking on the window to gain his attention. He looked up towards me and out the windshield.

He didn't unlock my door and instead opened his. I shook my head and rushed to his side, trying to stop him. Soon Elena was out too.

"No, get back in the car now. Colby and Elena get back in the car now-"

"Mom? Is that you?" Colby brushed past me and stared at her, then Elena brushed past me too, standing beside Colby.

"It's me, you've grown so much. All three of you. Elena, how did you find them?"

"She searched for us after you and her so-called father put her in a foster home. If you excuse us, we need to go." I said, pushing my brother and sister aside to stand in the middle.

I felt Colby and Elena's hand rest on either of my shoulders. Trying to calm me down, I was six and a half months pregnant and if Jon found out he'd freak.