Uninvited [40]

Danielle POV

I sulked as the boys and Elena rolled their suitcases towards the door, getting ready to head back onto the road. Last night I held Jonathan close to me as it was going to be the last night we spent with each other for a while. I wanted to cry seeing them take off, notably Jonathan; he had relaxed all my nerves, and I knew once he walked out that door I was going to be a wreck.

"We're going to head out darling." Jonathan said stepping up to me and opening his arms to take me in.

I exhaled and held him tight, "I'm going to miss you." I whisper and he rubbed my back smoothly.

"I'll miss you too darling, I love you." He said holding my face and placing a kiss on my lips. I kissed back, and we stood there for a few seconds before we pulled away.

"I love you too stud, take care of yourself." I grinned, fixing the stay hairs that were in his eyes.

"You take care of yourself, sweetheart, I'll call and text you every day." He said, and I nodded.

"Come on dude, we're going to miss our flight." Colby called, and I groaned, letting go of Jonathan.

I went up to Colby and Joe, giving them a hug goodbye and Elena. She would only travel with them for two weeks and then come back home to keep me company again.

"We'll call you when we land. I love you Dani." Colby called out going out the door.

"I love you too." I laughed and Jonathan was the last one to disappear, giving me one more kiss and closing the door.

I locked it and headed to my bedroom. I had to go through mail since it was a few days as well as get ready to head to the Verizon store since I was going to change my number. I was so spooked from the call I received yesterday that I called in advance to make sure I could change it.

"Trash, trash, trash, more trash." I whispered, shuffling through the envelopes and pushing them off to the side.

A black envelop caught my eye, and it was sent from Iowa. I scrunched my eyebrows and opened it up to expose a neatly folded letter. I folded it open and my eyes widened and my mouth stretched wide open. It read...

Dear Kate, you didn't expect I would find you again, did you? Well, you thought wrong, Kate. You must recognize that it is the one and only Carson Carters, the one from the strip club back in Iowa. Kate, I have been searching with you ever since the day you left and I gave up confidence. That was until I saw your pretty face on my television, wrestling. You think you can restart your life? Newsflash Kate, I have been watching you for years and now it's my time to strike. I see everything you're doing, every person you're with, I see it all. Even that new boy toy of yours, but it looks as if you aren't together. You are mine, and you have always been mine, Kate. Get ready for the rest of your life.

My palms started to shake and my breathing hitched as tears boiled up at my eyes. I fucking knew it. I knew that something was up. All those sketchy calls were from Carson. I struggled to settle myself down and pull myself together as I rose up, held onto the letter and ran out of my room to pick up my car keys off the kitchen island. I swung open the front door and attempted to run out and instead fell into a heavy chest which forced me to fall on the floor.

"Trying to leave are you?" I glanced up and was greeted with the devil, Carson Carters.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I roared, struggling to mask my fear, but it was pointless.

He welcomed himself into my apartment and shut the door before shifting to me with a huge smirk on his face.

"I see you found my letter, I came to take you back." He said inching closer to be, I instantly stood up and backed up.