Hometown Glory [18]

Danielle's POV

I sucked in a harsh breath as we landed in Iowa. I wanted to come back home on my own terms but that was impossible with the job I had. Jon glanced over at me and gripped my hand tightly.

"Just take a deep breath, I'll be by your side, Danielle." He leaned over and pecked my lips.

"I love you Jonathan." I whispered

"I love you too, you still want to show me around Iowa? I won't rush you, baby."

"It's cool. Since we're in Des Moines, I can show you around a bit. One day we can come back and visit Davenport together." I respond

The plane finally landed, and I was back home. Colby and I talked the night before and we were excited to wrestle back home in Iowa where our wrestling journey started. A part of us didn't want to be home, but we knew that it was only for a day, so we sucked it up. Elena didn't seem to mind to be back home. She shrugged her shoulders and went on with what she was doing.

Jon and I walked through the sliding doors of the airport to be greeted by fans. The home town crowd would always be exceptionally loud for Colby and I. Jon let go of my hand, allowing me to meet a few of the fans. They were ecstatic for the show tonight. After talking to a few fans, Jon and I headed to our rental car.

"They worship you here, darling, but I think I love you more." He smirked, winking at me.

"I think you're correct, stud." I laugh

"So where should we head sweetheart? We have a while before the show starts." He said starting up the car.

"If you're hungry, we can go to Drake's Diner first." I offer and he nods, putting it into the GPS.

"How do you feel about being back here?" Asked Jon, reaching over to grab my hand.

"I'm excited for show but I wanted to come back on my own terms." I said, rubbing my thumb across his knuckles.

"Trust me darling, you have nothing to worry about. If we run into anyone who makes you uncomfortable, I'll beat their ass into the ground." He suggested forming a fist with his hand.

I snickered and shook my head. Jonathan parked in one of the opening spaces that was conveniently right in front of the diner. He scurried over to my side to open my door and help me out.

Jon pulled open the door, and I heard the familiar sound of the bell chiming above us.

"Danielle Kate, is that you?" Both Jon and I swung our head to a middle-aged lady who stared wide eyed. I dropped Jon's hand and ran up to her, pulling her into a hug.

"Margot! I've miss you." I said swaying the hug. She drew away, taking a good look at me. 

"You've grown up since that last time I've seen you." She said perplexed.

Jon cleared his throat, shifting our attention back to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Margot this is my boyfriend Jonathan. He's great friends with Colby and wrestles as well." I said introducing them.

"You are a lucky man. Come let me get you guys table and some food." She strolled over and settled us at a booth in the back of the diner.

"Will you be getting your usual?" She asked, and I nodded my head. She turned to Jon and recommended some food. When she finished our order, she walked back to the kitchen.

"Danielle Kate?" Jon asked grinning.

"Oh, shut it. I stopped going by Danielle Kate after I left Iowa." I pointed out.