Fate & Faith [43]

Danielle's POV

I understood everything that was being expressed to me. I could do nothing other than to listen to what they all had to say. I never wanted to die like this, this wasn't on my own terms like I wanted it to be. Apparently the plug to my life was about to be pulled, but I could not go out like this.

I literally felt my heart skip a beat hearing Jonathan confess his love for me. I knew that he loved me more than anything, but hearing him in this way was special. He said he was supposed to marry me and I felt him slide the ring onto my finger. I wanted to jump out of this damn bed and pull him into the biggest kiss, but that was ludicrous.

I was frustrated with myself; I was conscious of everything I just couldn't move. I tried scrunching up my eyebrows and squeezing my hand in Jon's but it was ineffective.

"Dani baby, please don't leave me." I heard Jonathan whisper.

I couldn't leave him, I couldn't leave my brother and sister, I definetly could not leave this world, at least not for now.

I again built up the strength and tried my best to squeeze his hand. I felt myself do it but it wasn't as forceful, I just felt Jonathan's hand stop squeezing.

"Danielle? She squeezed my hand, I swear I felt it." He spoke, I could sense him stand up and squeeze my hand once more. I heard my heart race and the beeping from the monitor backed up my thoughts.

"Come on, baby, try again." He encouraged me as he grasped my hand tightly and placed his hand on my cheek.

'You can do this Danielle, come on.' I thought about it in my head. I gave it one final squeeze and forcing my eyes open.

I let out a gasp as the bright lights of the room hit my eyes and I shut them instantly again. Jonathan let go of my hand for a quick second and I heard him hit a buzzer above me before he caught my hand again.

"Jonathan?" I murmured.

"Sweetheart, can you open you eyes?" He requested and opened them somewhat, letting my eyes get used to the lights before opening them and looking around the room.

"Oh my god, you're up." Colby said, moving over to cup my cheeks and stare at me. I couldn't help but grin and close my eyes.

I was thankful that I got the hell up because I wasn't going to die like that. My family needed me and I need them, I was here for a long time.

Nurses and a doctor rushed into the room, looking at me in shock. They rapidly came overlooking at my monitors and studying me.

"Danielle do you know what today's date is?" The doctor inquired as he looked at my eyes with his flashlight.

"December twenty-fourth, Christmas Eve?" I asked, and the doctor smiled and shook his head.

"One day late Ms. Lopez, it's Christmas Day." He said patting my leg, I grinned and nodded.

"Do you have any recollection of what happened?" He spoke, I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened after the crash but I couldn't recall anything.

"No, I just remember crashing into the car ahead of me. Then everything turned black. I could hear people talking but that's it." I replied, and he nodded his head and noted it on his clipboard.

"My head is pounding." I groaned, placing my hand on my head and I felt thick pieces of bandages covering it.

"The crash results in a serious brain injury. Your brain was bleeding out, but I was able to operate immediately when you were rushed in and stopped it. You lost a lot of blood, but your partner here was a match and we were able to successfully execute a blood transfusion." He smiled gesturing towards Jon who still had a few tears sliding down his cheek.