Waiting Game [41]

Danielle POV

Two months. Two fucking months, I have been stuck in this hellhole of a place with Carson Carters and his other asshole of an acquaintance named James Ross. I hated it here, every day was a battle, I wanted to give up and let the two kill me but I had a little bit of hope inside of me that Colby or Jonathan would break through the doors to save me. It was a waiting game and gradually I was fading.

Every attempt of escaping was futile, I was beaten and taken advantage of on a weekly basis. I have no idea how I managed to stay put for the last two months. The early days were the worst, I cried myself to sleep on the cold floor and prayed that someone would find me but there was no anticipation. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, and months seemed like eternity.

I realized that everyone thought I was dead at this point. Carson and James had told me this, the search for me was suspended after they had no leads or any evidence. It was even tougher when they made me watch my brother and sister on television begging for me to stay put and they would find me. It was all a joke for Carson and James, the sole reason why I was there was to please them and even that was painful for me.

I was certain of one thing and one thing only. If I was going to die, it was going to be on my own terms trying to escape this hellhole. I would not allow Carson or James to kill me easily, I was not going down without a fight.

"I'm going out, if this bitch tries anything fuck her up." Carson warned James, who nodded his head and turned to me.

I despised the both of them equally; I wanted to kill the both of them and make them suffer the way that I was. If it weren't for James being here to outnumber me, I was sure I could take out Carson by myself.

"You know you're never going to escape, right?" James laughed evily, driving his way towards me.

"You know you're an asshole right. Raping me and making me do all the shit around here. You and him are nothing but egotistical psychotic maniacs." I howled, earning a slap against my cheek.

"You've got such a smart mouth for a little weak girl you know that?" He yelled tangling his hand into my hair.

"Fuck you James, you're a son of a bitch!" I said hitting him below the belt causing him to let go of the grip on my hair.

I reached out, clutching the nearest thing I could find to hit him on the head, which was the lamp. His body hit the floor limply, and I quickly nudged him with my foot to make sure he was out cold, which he was. I trotted around the living room trying to find the car keys to the second car they owned; I spotted them laying on the coffee table and I picked them up. I went back over to James and reached into his pocket, pulling out his cellphone. I ran out the front door and got into the car.

A surge of adrenaline came over my body as I started the car and backed out of the driveway quickly. It had been so long since I drove or did anything I used to do since I was stuck in that house for so long. I didn't know where I was headed to, but it was home. It was absurd to think how close I was to home and the police didn't find me; I was literally in a five-mile radius. I reached for the phone that was sitting in my lap and dialed the number that I had memorized in my head.

"Jonathan!" I shouted as the ringing stopped and he picked up.

"Danielle?! Is this really you baby." He spoke surprised, I could hear his voice cracking

"Yes! Jonathan baby, I'm coming home. I got out, I got out!" I yelled joyously, pressing on the gas.

"Where are you, darling?" He said I could hear the other voices in the background, which belonged to my brother and sister.