Surprise Shower [61]

Third Person POV

"Come on babe, the babies are going to be fine." Danielle sulked as she kissed Beau and Noelle's forehead as Nicole and Brie held them in their arms.

Today was the first time she and Jon would be going out without the babies. He wanted to treat her to a date because he knew how tired she was, especially with him going back on the road. Although Nicole and her mom would come and stay over to help when he was gone, it wasn't the same. The twins missed their dad and Danielle missed her husband.

"Mommy and daddy will be back soon. Behave for your aunts. I love you." She murmured, giving them once more before looking up at her friends.

"I pumped some milk this morning and you can-"

"Warm it up and place it in the bottle, check the temperature on our hand then feed it to them. Then burp."

Danielle smiled as Nicole finished up the instruction that she told her over a million times, but just to make sure.

"Thanks guys, now come on." Jon added, grabbing her hand and waving bye to them before leaving the home and getting into their car.

"Where are you taking me and why couldn't we bring our kids?"

Jon chuckled and shook his head, "Can't I have my wife all to myself for a few hours?"

She rolled her eyes and turned to him, "Didn't you have me all to yourself last night?"

"Never can get enough of you, darling." He winked as she blushed.

"I just wanted to take you out to eat, I know we've barley had time to ourselves." He told her as she reached for his right hand to hold.

"You know I'm trying to lose weight for my return."

He turned to her, giving her a serious look, "You don't need to lose any weight, don't put so much pressure on yourself."

"Let's not be oblivious babe, I gained some weight and now it's time to put it off."

"Trust me babe, I understand your frustration but you're perfect the way you are. I love you regardless, just like you love me regardless of my hairline."

Danielle broke out in laughter and shook her head, "You're such a dork."

"You in the mood for some sandwiches?"

"I would love some." She smiled, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

_

"Hey, come in, did you guys pick up the things?" Brianna opened the door, letting Colby and Joe in.

"Yep, everything is in the car. Come here, Beau." Joe smirked as he reached to hold Beau in his arms.

"Where's Noelle?" Colby asked walking in and Brianna pointed to the living room where Nicole was taking selfies with her niece.

"Hey there." He smiled, walking up to her and giving his girlfriend a kiss on the lips before taking Noelle.

"Are you guys ready to surprise your mommy?" He smiled, touching her nose as the baby cooed.

"And you guys get to meet all your aunts and uncles whose going to give you lots of gifts." Nicole beamed, looking down at her.

"We should go unload the car while they watch the twins. By the way, I think Beau needs a diaper change." Brianna giggled, grabbing Nicole's hand and walking outside.

They brought in the balloons, cake, and rest of the decorations for the surprise shower. Nicole and Brie worked on setting up the dessert table and putting up some decorations. Joe and Colby continued to watch the babies in the living room until they put them down for a short nap so they wouldn't be fussy when the guest arrives.