II

II

10:27am

"You both need to discuss things regarding the plan of the job." Flynn adds and I nod, wondering about what the agent would be like. I hoped that he would be professional enough that the job would go fast and smoothly. I also kind of hoped that he would be the type to get the job done and leave, not bothering me again. Something told me that he wouldn't be.

"When are we doing the job?" I question, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Tuesday the 13th, next week. You have plenty of time to sort the details out." He explains. "Harry is in that room, go in and meet him. You need to both be familiar with each other." He points his finger towards an unknown door to the right of our bodies. I look on at the door.

"Okay." I finally rise from the leather seat and step towards the door. My fingers wrap around the handle and push it down, revealing the room inside.

The room was new to me, it was cramped; almost like a bulky supply closet. There were two brunet sofas placed inside, just like the one I had previously been sitting upon.

On the sofa that faced me was an absent-minded man. He had enviable chocolate locks of hair that fell to his shoulders, his eyes were focused on the book within his hands but I could visualise that they were of a forest, olive colour. He looked pretty handsome; the kind of handsome that was unusual, the kind that one only encounters few times in a lifetime. I could tell that his frame was muscular and tall even when he was seated. His green eyes were squinting as he scanned the pages of his small book.

The door shut strongly behind me and he gazed up in reaction to the loud noise.

I considered that he was going to smile, I couldn't think why but that's what I was expecting. But no, a boisterous and mocking chuckle escaped his lips. The chuckle drained all respect I had for him and he hadn't even spoken a word to me yet. He stood from the couch and stepped a little closer, still leaving a certain distance between us. His eyes scanned my face rapidly before searching behind me, obviously expecting somebody other than me to eventually enter.

"A girl?" He finally muttered with an appalled facial expression.

"A boy?" I sarcastically examined in return and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously though, are you just Flynn's assistant or are you actually the agent I have to work with?" His offensive words made my blood boil and I inched closer.

"Look at my uniform, asshole. Would I have these guns if I was just an assistant?" The equally stubborn words leave my mouth as I fall onto the other sofa, not even phased by his stance. His face was undeniably curious when I gestured to the black strap holding the pistols at my hips.

"I don't know. You may just be here to kill me." He comments before pushing a hand through his towering hair.

"Trust me, I wouldn't hesitate." I tell him and his eyes widen, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh, you wouldn't hesitate? You wouldn't do shit, princess. I'm a lot stronger than you." This sentence made me realise that he was obviously a vain person, just like the rest of them.

"Want to bet on that?" My body rose from the sofa and I was now in close proximity to him. The muscles in my arms flexed, he glanced at them for a second; an expression of uncertainty flashing on his face briskly before disappearing.

He then approached even closer, irritation in his eyes that reflected mine. Just as my fury began to become overwhelming and I was close to damaging that perfectly-aligned face of his, the door flew open and Flynn stepped in. He took one look of the way we were positioned and rolled his eyes.

"I see that you've met Harry then." Flynn states with a sigh while folding a sheet of paper in his hands, out of habit.

"I sure have." I declare, my irises never gazing elsewhere than Harry's shiny ones, looking like we were part of a staring competition. I probably looked stupid but I didn't give a damn. I was angered and he was going to pay for it; maybe not now, but definitely some time else.

"Well if you both stopped staring at each other for a second, we could actually try to discuss some things." Flynn orders and I hesitantly move away. Flynn looks pleased when I pay my attention to him instead.

"I'm not working with her." Harry announces suddenly, folding his arms over his chest like a five year old having a tantrum.

"You have to; you two are my best agents." Flynn answers him and Harry lets another patronising chuckle escape his lips, unfolding his arms.

"Her? She's one of your best agents?" He questions to him shocked, pointing to me with his hands, and my fists clench. "Anybody could kill her in two seconds. She's a girl; she's obviously weaker than me and all the other agents. I can't work with her; she'll just put me in danger."

"You sexist bastard." I am about to pounce on him, he even flinches, but I am pulled back by Flynn's hand. Flynn eventually paces between us with another deep sigh.

"You are working together and that is final! You both better stop whining and get serious because this is a big job that is important to me!" He rants.

"I don't even know what we're doing." Harry speaks up again, speaking both of our thoughts aloud.

"You will know by tomorrow." Flynn says, "Now, Patience, leave."

I huff before stepping to the door. My ears catch Harry silently mutter, "Patience, what sort of name is that?" But I don't fight back with anything; I just deliver a glare to him before entering Flynn's warm-coloured office again and then the corridor. My breathing is abrupt and I try to calm myself down as quickly as I could.

"Hey, you're Patience right?" I hear a slightly high voice from behind me and my body turns to be met with navy eyes and fair beige, cut-short hair. "I'm a new agent; Flynn said that you were my trainer."

"Okay." I affirm and realise that he was far too cheery for me to take him seriously. "What's your name?"

"Noah." He answers but I gesture him to continue with my hand. "Oh," He catches on. "Watson. Noah Watson." My breathing becomes shaky and irrational for a few seconds with despair and I try my hardest to be oblivious to it.

Noah was the name that belonged to my brother.

"Okay. Watson, come with me." My body curves again to step away but the door to Flynn's office opens before I do. I gaze up to be met with the curly-haired nightmare that I had been assigned with earlier.

If looks could kill, I would be sprawled on the floor of the corridor with 5,000 bullet and knife wounds because damn, his glare burned into me horrifically. He looked like he wanted to attack me but I didn't want to waste any more time feeling furious with a stranger. So, I did what any insane person would do and I smiled, it was a wide smile that eventually turned into a smirk with each step he took from Flynn's door. I heard him huff before he was eventually out of my sight and almost down the corridor. My eyes returned to Noah who had obviously seen how Harry had peered at me; evidently puzzled.

"Right, Watson, let me teach you how to kick some ass."