LII

LII

Tuesday 17th April 2007
10:52am

"Hey, Patience!" I hear a voice call behind me as I leave the equipment room after my session with Ashton. It wasn't Harry's voice which I was happy about, I had been, yet again, avoiding him. I turn to be met with Liam pacing up towards me.

"What's up?" I question, feeling startled.

"The people at the lab need you." He states and I nod.

"Okay." I reply plainly and begin stepping to the lab, which was close to the hospital wing.

The whole area was white apart from the beds and benches which were grey. It looked very clean and sterile, the smell of antiseptic chemicals in the air.

I turn to view a group of workers with white medical masks on their faces, covering their noses and mouths.

"You wanted to speak to me?" I ask and one of them takes the mask from their face. The woman had long, blonde hair that was tied back tightly and large, blue eyes that looked really pretty. It was refreshing to see another female, even if she wasn't an agent.

"Hey, yes, hello." She greets rapidly and gestures for me to follow her. "I have the body that you shot down a few days ago and-"

"Look, I'm all good with shooting people but I really don't want to see a dead body." I interrupt her as my worst nightmare begins to unfold. I couldn't see the dead body knowing that I had been the murderer.

"I think you need to, miss. It's pretty important." She states and I sigh.

"Fine." My voice is barely a whisper but she seems to hear it as we near a bed, a body's silhouette covered with sheet.

Her hands find the bottom of the sheet and I gulp. It is whipped from the body and my eyes lay on the pale, still person before me. My mind begins to whirl.

"After many inspections, we only found one significant thing: a rose tattoo on his ankle. We aren't sure exactly if this is to do with all of Zayn's men but you need to be notified. If you see this again on someone else, do not hesitate to take action." She explains and I nod, although my mind was only focused on the potential of the person on the bed. He could have been anybody but I had killed him. He could have had so many other talents but I had stopped him from showing them to the world.

"Patience?" I am snapped back into reality and I peer to the woman again, ripping my stare away from him. "You can leave now." She pats my arm with a comforting smile, realising my emotional state, before I turn and briskly exit the room.

I halt as soon as the door closes behind me and I am in the comfort of the corridor again. My breathing is crazy and I feel panic strike through me. Patience, stop, this isn't you. Stop acting this way.

Luckily, the corridor was deserted so nobody could see me but it didn't stop my throat from feeling clenched. I lean my back against the wall as I eventually calm down.

When I was stable again, I head to the equipment room. The equipment room had now been filled with recently purchased gym equipment to replace the old things. Working out would take my mind of things, wouldn't it?

The door is opened and I step inside, viewing Harry lifting weights immediately. I think about leaving but his eyes catch mine so I don't, not wanting to seem reluctant to be in his presence.

I move to the other bench that was beside his.

"Hello." I hear a voice say and realise that it was his. My mouth drops slightly in surprise before a small smile stretches across it instead.

"Hello." I reply and he grins too. "Uh, the lab said to watch out for guys with rose tattoos on their ankles. That seems to be the symbol of Zayn's men." I explain and he nods. The atmosphere is awkward but I tried to look past it.

My legs move to either side of the bench and I grip two weights in my hands, warming my arms up.

"Who was that girl you were with on Saturday?" The question escapes my mouth before I realise and I blush lightly.

"Someone." He replies with a smirk.

"Oh, wow Thanks Harry. That's all the information I need." I tell him with a chuckle, earning one back.

"Why do you need to know anyway?" He asks, rhetorically. "It's not like you're jealous."

Silence.

His eyes move to mine and we stare for a few seconds, his eyes beginning to show some kind of surprise.

"Hm. That's true." I say when pushed away from my thoughts. I peer away and down to my lap.

In the corner of my eye, I see him roll his eyes.