XXI

XXI

6:13pm

The helicopter soared through the sky quickly and it turned dark just as briskly. Liam was minding his own business and so were the other agents in the helicopter.

It hadn't felt like this job had been over two days, it had flew by in the blink of an eye.

The surrounding landscape of the helicopter looked stunning and even better than the painting which I think was fixed under our chairs. I really hoped that Flynn would be happy that we retrieved the painting, the process had been difficult and I could definitely feel it wearing me out. My eyelids turned heavy as the sky turned noticeably duller.

Before I knew it, my eyes fluttered closed and I fell into a heavy slumber faster than I thought I would.

-

When my eyes snap open again, I was surprised to see Harry's smirking face extremely close to mine. His hands were on my straps, undoing them and his forest eyes were boring into mine. I just sighed and stretched my arms upwards with a yawn. My eyes peered to the right of me and I saw the rooftop of the HQ. Liam and the two other agents were standing by.

"What are you doing?" I eventually question Harry; he was acting annoyingly slow with undoing my straps.

"Well, you were asleep so I was trying to help you." He replies seriously, jumping back out of the helicopter. I finish undoing the last strap and follow him onto the rooftop.

Liam notices my awakening and joins Harry and me with a smile.

"Hey. Are you okay, Patience?" Liam asks and I nod.

"I'm good." I reply, returning his smile before going back to my normal expression. "Just tired."

The rooftop looked so cool at night. Lights were positioned in a row around the edge, lighting up the whole area. It looked like a stage at a concert, only much lighter.

"Yeah, I'm sure that doing absolutely no work would make you so tired." Harry spoke up, sarcastically and I huffed. His usual ego had returned. I didn't reply, I just bit my cheek and tried my hardest to ignore him.

"Hey! Patience did a lot of work, Styles. She looked badass getting past the lasers. You're just jealous." Liam remarks and Harry's jaw flexes.

"Jealous?" Harry chuckles while sending a glare to me. His curls were flying in every direction, the wind being powerful up here. "Why would I be jealous of a girl, Liam? Don't be so stupid."

"That's what somebody with jealousy would sa-" Liam begins but I interrupt.

"Enough!" I shout. "Stop arguing! Liam, just ignore him. He's doing it for attention. Harry, stop being a prick. You know that I could throw you onto this floor in two seconds so button it."

I was shocked with myself. My attitude had become so laid back, well my version of laid back. I guess that I had just gotten used to Harry's immaturity. A few weeks ago, I would have punched him in a flash but not anymore.

"Bullshit." Harry stated, his grassy eyes now burning into mine.

"You're forgetting that I've proved it twice before." I remark and he sighs. He opens his mouth to say something else but is interrupted. One of the other agents steps over to me and gives me my luggage bag with a smile before walking away again. I send a beam and take it from him, holding it in my left hand.

"Well, hello agents. It's great to see you again." Flynn's voice boomed from the door exiting the HQ onto the rooftop. "I guess that you were successful?"

"Of course." Liam tells him, moving to the helicopter and retrieving the painting. It took a few minutes to unstrap it properly; he held it tightly as he presented it to Flynn.

"Fantastic. I knew that I could count on you." Flynn's mouth was wide with a beam.

"Patience did most of it, sir." Liam states matter-of-factly.

"She usually does. Thank you for being an extraordinary agent, Patience." Flynn tells me and I smirk towards Harry who looked angered. "Liam, carry this down to my office. I will get the owner on call for it."

"Yes, sir." Liam replies, following him. They both leave.

I didn't know why but I turn around and admire the view from the rooftop before I have to exit. The area around the HQ was deserted like always but I could view a minuscule city from miles away. Small lights were coming from buildings in the city, the moon looking as large as ever above it. From the corner of my eye, I could notice Harry gazing my way but I brush it off. He was probably glaring at me again and I couldn't care to see it once more.

"Are you leaving?" Harry's voice was weirdly silent and I turn to see him with a soft facial expression; no usual glare on his face.

"Yeah I will, why?" I reply and he still inspects my face with his grassy, shiny eyes.

"The agents have left the rooftop. There's just us and I don't want to leave you by yourself." He states, glancing at the view instead of me. My mouth is wide. Did he really just say that? "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just surprised." I comment, moving away to the door. Harry strolls beside me as he glances at the floor of the roof.

"Why are you surprised?" He raises an eyebrow, looking at me yet again.

"I expected you to just leave me." I state and he nods. He opens the door, holding it open. However, I don't step through. I knew his tricks; I wasn't ready to trust him so easily.

"I'm not going to trip you up." He rolls his emerald eyes but I shake my head, still not going through. "Fine." He steps through and I follow him, closing the door behind me.

"And I should have left you on the rooftop." He states, looking annoyed. His voice changed for the worst, though I was used to this harsh side of Harry. That should have been his nickname, Harsh Harry.

"It's good to see that you're back." I remark sarcastically and he turns to face me.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're back to your usual angry and arrogant self." I state, unfazed by his anger.

"Screw you, I was never anybody else." He spits before pacing down the stairs away from me.

"And screw you too." I reply and I know that he heard me because he shakes his head before entering the HQ again, his body now out of sight.

I couldn't keep up with his different moods. He was always going to be an idiot but sometimes, he was pleasant and I didn't mind admitting that. I felt like I had whiplash every time his mood changed abruptly. It would always seem to affect me.

My feet step down the stairs and I enter the HQ again. I pace to the exit and notice that the car park is nearly empty. Only four cars were there. One of them was Flynn's and another being mine. I quickly notice a car being started up and speeding away. Harry's.

Nothing he did bothered me any longer.

After taking a deep breath, I get into my car and start on my way home. There was a slow song on the radio and I hummed along to it as I drove.

I hadn't been so happy to see my apartment again, falling into my bed in a matter of seconds.

My mind only focused on one thing as I started dreaming.

That was fighting a certain curly-haired man.