IV

IV

Friday 9th March 2007
9:02am

I had tried to find Noah after my last words with Harry but I couldn't. It turned late quite rapidly, especially by mindlessly searching, so I had decided to travel home to my apartment. My bed seemed like a cloud when I fell into it and my slumber became fast approaching. I welcomed it with open arms.

It was now Friday and I couldn't care less about entering the HQ. If I had to face Harry, I would be mortified. Who was I kidding? I wished I had seen the shocked expression on his face after I had told him what I intended to do. I wouldn't really cut anything; that would get me in an incredible amount of trouble and I wanted to keep this job. But I definitely wanted to frighten him. Everybody else was scared shitless of me, what makes him so different?

I hoisted myself out of the tin rubbish that I called my car and entered the HQ.

It was so strange to think that when I was in school, my teachers would tell me that I should get a job in publishing or engineering but I ended up here. A tragic thing happened and here I was. My teachers would have a heart attack if they saw me now.

After a few minutes, I was sitting with Jack and Chris. My right hand was holding a pen and I was sketching a tiger on a piece of torn paper from Chris' notebook.

Suddenly, I heard a wolf whistle from behind me. My eyes widen and I turn around in my seat to see a man, who looked like he was in his 50s, standing behind me.

"Hey, good lookin'." He greets with a grin and I stand up, Jack and Chris both looked worried; probably for the old man.

"I would punch you like crazy but I'm scared that I'd break your back." I comment and he looks angered. "Get out of here, you dumb idiot."

"Bitch." He says before starting to stroll away, I step once towards him and it hurries him.

"Pervert." I reply and he flips me off with his hand before sitting at another table.

This was an occurrence that happened a few times at the HQ. There was always one man who thought that he could confront me in such a vile way. I was used to it; but for 19 year old me, when I first started, it scared me and I was afraid for my safety. It happened a lot more frequently back then however.

"Hey, are you Patience?" A coffee-haired man with hazel eyes had now travelled next to me. I was startled by the sudden interaction.

"Who are you?" I question confused. Was he a new agent?

"I'm Liam Payne. I'm a friend of Harry's." He introduces himself and I sigh, he catches on to what I'm thinking. "Don't worry, I'm not like Harry."

Just as I was about to reply, I heard a deep voice behind Liam begin to speak.

"What are you doing, Liam?" Harry appeared next to him, sending a glare to me. I had had enough of his attitude. God, I sounded like his mother.

"Stop glaring at me." I order but he merely just chuckles.

"What are you going to do about it..." He comes closer to me with an arrogant smirk. "...princess?"

That was it. That was all it took for me to launch at him, knocking him to the floor. I sat upon him and held him down, punching his body repeatedly. He groaned in pain, using all of his might to get me off of him but I was pretty strong. I wasn't putting much force into my punches; my body was strong enough to hold him down.

"What the hell is going on?" Liam shrieked as he put his hands on my arms, trying to pull me from Harry.

I could catch Jack and Chris in fits of laughter behind me. My body eventually gives into Liam and he pulls me swiftly away from Harry.

My breathing is ragged as I peer back at the floor to see Harry stand up, wincing in the process. Anger was radiating from my body and my vision was faded red.

"You're crazy!" Harry yells before a random agent grabs a hold of him.

My mouth opens but before any words leave it, the door to the hall is threw open and Flynn races inside; his face crimson with annoyance. Somebody must have fetched for him after the fight broke out. Every eye in the hall is on us.

"What in god's name has happened here?!" He glances between Harry and I, both of us sweaty and inhaling/exhaling air violently.

"Her! She bloody launched at me!" Harry whines and I open my mouth in shock.

"Oh, so this is my fault?! You're the one who won't stop acting like a total idiot!" I yell back and Flynn puts his arms out to gesture us to halt our bickering.

He turns to the agent holding Harry and Liam who was holding me. "Take these two to my office now." Flynn then disappears, pacing down the corridor.

Liam pulls me along first; I bore a glare straight to Harry before I exit the hall. The journey down the corridor was slightly frightening, just knowing that my job was at stake now. The door to the office is already open and I see Flynn perched at his desk with his head in his hands, rubbing his temples. I had lost all anger by now, only feeling worry and fright of my career being stolen away.

Although Liam was meant to use force with me, he was still careful when holding my arms, not too tightly. When I looked at my arms, I gasped. They were filled with red, raw marks from Harry's grip as he tried to push me away after I had pounced on him. The gasp made Flynn look up, noticing our presence. Liam nods at him before exiting; now the door was closed.

The room is terrifyingly silent before the door swings open yet again and Harry is violently pushed in. His jaw was flexing at 1,000 miles per hour. The agent holding him leaves shortly after placing Harry in the chair. He slumps back, his face was crimson and his arms were even redder than mine. Good work, Patience.

"I had hoped that this wouldn't happen. You guys would work so well with each other if you just got along." Flynn's head is in his hands for a few more seconds before he glances back up at us. "What happened?" We both open our mouths to speak, "And don't shout this time." Our mouths close.

"He called me princess." I mumble, suddenly feeling immature.

"He called you princess?" Flynn repeats and I nod. "Why did you call her princess, Harry? Was it in a patronising way?" Harry just shrugs. "My guess is that it was. Harry, stop causing trouble. Patience, you are free to leave." Harry looks taken aback, just like I had felt. Why did he let me leave so quickly?

My body rises from the black seat and I move towards the door. Flynn looks away for a millisecond and I flash Harry a smirk before fully leaving.

Well, that was easier than expected.