LIV

LIV

1:07pm

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it." Harry remarks before stepping to fetch his towel from the bench he was previously perched at; before our inerasable kiss.

I don't mutter a word before turning around and leaving the room without looking back. Panic flooded through my veins, what had just happened?

My body enjoyed it thoroughly, signalled by instinctual actions, but I just wasn't sure at all about my heart. Did I want him to kiss me? Was I just craving attention?

I am delighted when I find a bathroom as I enter it and jump into one of the showers, refreshing myself after that workout. Though the embrace from Harry was much more intense than any workout I had ever performed.

Before I know it, I am back in the corridor.

"Good news, Patience!" Liam suddenly appears from behind me and I turn to glance at him. My face was still showing shock, I couldn't shake the emotion. "We have new guns!" He looked overly happy with the new stock but I didn't even process his words.

"What?" I snap back into reality, looking away from him and to the wall behind him. "Oh yeah, new guns, cool."

"Are you okay, Patience? You seem a bit out of it." He notices how absentminded I was being and appears concerned.

"I'm fine and dandy, Liam. Fine and dandy." I repeat the words so that I could even begin to believe them, still not giving any eye contact to Liam.

At that exact moment, my supposed Prince Charming walks past Liam with his hand pushing his hair back. His green irises find mine curiously, like he was trying to figure out what I was feeling, before he carries on stepping past and is out of my sight.

The oxygen supply around me seems to grow smaller so I rapidly push through the corridor before finding a door leading to the green acres of land behind the HQ. I step outside and lean my hands on my knees, hunched over and catching my breath.

Suddenly, I hear a ringing noise and feel a vibration against my thigh. I gasp realising that my mobile was in the pocket of my uniform pants. How did that manage to get there?

I fight the urge to answer it, not wanting to be caught using it and end up being in lots of trouble with Flynn. But it doesn't stop ringing so I decide to answer it and find out who the hell it was and why the hell they wouldn't stop calling me.

"Patience! Where are you?! I've been calling for so long! I've knocked at your door but you weren't in!" Niall's voice booms through the mobile as soon as I click the answer button.

"I'm at work, Niall. What the hell is going on?" I question him, internally freaking out. This was too much for one day.

I expected something really silly or unproblematic to come from his lips. I expected to hear something along the lines of him separating from his girlfriend or to do with his parents. Maybe even something about his favourite celebrity.

Nothing would ever prepare me for what I was about to hear next.

"Cara's dead!"