XVI

XVI

11:34am

I headed to the gym to be met with Noah. He was just about to leave to enter the equipment room for our training session.

"Could we train in here instead?" I ask him, not wanting to enter the corridor again.

"Yeah, sure." He replies with a friendly smile, he could sense my bad mood, I just knew it.

I grab the timer that we would always seem to forget to use. My hands set it for forty minutes and then I move back to him in the empty space we found.

"You're pretty much done with using weapons. The only thing that we have left to do is to perfect some assault moves." I explain and he nods. "So, go ahead and use an assault move on me." I order but he looks unconvinced.

"I don't think I want to. It'll hurt you." He states but I shake my head.

"If it makes you feel better, imagine that I'm a man." As much as I hated saying that, I wanted to get this session over and done with. "I'm an enemy and I have a knife that I'm about to use. What are you going to do?"

"Okay, look, I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way." He comments before coming closer and rapidly pushing my body down to the floor. I wince and he loosens his grip.

"First mistake, never loosen your grip on an enemy. It makes it easier for them to escape." I state and his grip tightens. "That's it."

When my body is on the floor, he pulls my head up; locking his arm around my neck to supposedly cut off my oxygen.

"How's that?" He clues, his face beside my neck.

"Great. Good work." I compliment as he lets go and I get back to my feet again. He does a couple more moves afterwards, all of them seemed perfect.

"I think that you may just be ready, Watson."

"Really?" His face lights up in delight.

"Yeah." I state, "You've definitely perfected the moves."

"So, I'm done?" He clues and I nod. "Thank you for your training."

"Don't mention it." I reply.

I expect him to leave the gym but he stays put, staring into space for a little bit. The door to the gym opens but I can't see who has entered because of the machines in the way nor was I bothered.

"Can I ask you something?" Noah speaks up, appearing awkward.

"Sure, go ahead." I answer and he nods before swallowing.

"This may be a stupid question-"

"There are no stupid questions." I remark and he exhales before continuing.

"Would you ever go on a date with me?" He asks. Crap.

"I'm sorry, Noah, you're a really cool guy and all but I don't do that." I explain and he runs his hand through his short hair nervously.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you were lesbian. I swear, if I knew, I wouldn't have asked-" He begins to tell me but I interrupt.

"Wait, no. Noah, I'm not lesbian. I just don't date." I say and he nods understandingly.

"Oh. Well, I better get going." He tells me, nervousness still clear in his voice.

"Bye." I mutter but he is already opening the door and stepping into the corridor.

Almost instantly, Harry appears from behind the machinery. He must have been the person who entered earlier. His lips are in a smirk. His body moves past me to a machine.

"Why are you smirking?" I clue to him and he shrugs; his shoulders bouncing within his hair.

"I don't know. I think it's because I'm thinking about you assaulting a wall earlier." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Great." He presses a button and the treadmill starts up at a jogging speed.

"You seemed pretty angry. What happened?" He clues while jogging. After a few seconds, he uses a black hair tie around his wrist to throw his hair into a bun; all while still jogging.

"Flynn happened." I state, I realise that I'm just standing there doing nothing. "Do you mind if I use that treadmill?" I point at the machine stationed next to his.

"I don't own the gym." He remarks and I sigh before stepping onto it.

Today had been shit; utter and complete shit. It surprised me just how quickly a mood could change because of somebody else. If it wasn't for the three men I had met earlier, I would have been happy. But no, they just had to come along.

As for Harry, I was confused as hell. It was like one second, we were fighting each other in a ridiculous mental boxing match and then the next, we're having a normal conversation like we had a few minutes ago.

But at the end of the day, we were only here for work so I tried not to dwell on it.

"Do you have a bipolar disorder?" I ask aloud accidentally; catching myself off guard. He looks surprised but not as much as I thought he would be.

"No I don't; certain things and people just piss me off." He explains, focusing straight ahead of him as he jogged.

"Like female agents?" He turns to look at me, inspecting my face.

"Especially female agents." He confesses amused and I actually smirk.

"That's good to know." I state sarcastically.

We carry on jogging and lightly running. Some strands of his chocolate hair begin to fall out after twenty minutes and they position around his face.

"I'll race you." I say after a while.

"What?"

"Put our treadmills on the highest speed and we'll see who gets tired first." I order.

"I don't think-" He begins but I interrupt.

"What's wrong, Styles? Scared?" My words have the desired effect and his jaw flexes.

"Fine." He huffs and we both put the machines on an outrageously high speed.

"Shit." My damaged legs burn and I am scared momentarily about the state that they are in. But I carry on. No way was I losing to him.

"What's wrong? Is this too much for you?" He mockingly clues and I shake my head.

"Oh, this is a breeze for me." I comment and we both keep going rapidly.

Our legs continue to move for ten minutes and I begin to think that we will be here for much longer.

"Not one of us is going to stop, are they?" I state breathlessly and Harry shakes his head chuckling.

"Want to call a truce?" He offers his hand for me to shake; I hold it and shake it briskly before we both halt our machines at the same time.

I get two bottles of water and throw one at him, wondering about the fact that he could simply turn into an idiot again tomorrow.