LXX

LXX

Sunday 22nd April 2007
11:59pm

I wished that I could have just slept; just slept everything away, every problem leaving rather than still not being able to sleep. My position hadn't changed; I was still beneath the window which was now showing a darker image. The natural light that had been flowing into my room earlier had disappeared and been replaced with merely darkness from the night sky.

My mind didn't know how to react to the sudden darkness; I even thought that it may have made me feel better. However, it made my body become anxiety-ridden yet again. I didn't welcome it in any way yet it forced its way through.

What was my purpose in life? Did I have any purpose at all now?

At that moment, I felt that I wasn't good enough for the world - not that I had been before but the feeling was much more powerful this time. I had previously been distracted by the many events of my life to understand the consequences that I would have to face further along the line. Maybe this was karma. I had spent most of my life not believing anything and killing people ruthlessly, it seemed a pretty good invitation for something that I didn't believe in to intervene and completely screw everything up.

My position still didn't change as I passed out against the wall, only seeing blurred images at first. I felt like I had died, passed onto the afterlife but the image of my unconsciousness sharpened drastically for a moment and I viewed a mirror in my dreamlike state. I viewed the appearance of myself, a huge smile overtook my features and my skin was glowing with happiness. A click was heard and everything became black then suddenly light appeared again. The reflection was completely different; it had changed to something so pale and depressing. It showed an ill-looking monster who owned bags under their eyes and sorrow in the pupils inside; blurred images again.

"What has happened to you?" A friendly, feminine voice reaches my ears and I'm in confusion. "That's not the Patience that I knew. My daughter was always strong and could never be broken."

My mother's brunette hair came into view as it tumbled onto her shoulders. She reached down to me and put her hand tenderly on my shoulder. Her face was so branded into my mind that I could recognise her anywhere; she looked so much like me. I wanted to desperately speak to her but no words would leave me, just tears of guilt. My stare didn't shake from her kind eyes that gleamed so beautifully.

"Never blame yourself for your past mistakes. You have grown up into a remarkable woman and have made us very proud." My father's voice was next heard as he stood beside his wife. His arm was wrapped around my mother's waist so tightly, they belonged together and everybody could tell when they were alive.

"I love you, Patience." The young voice of my brother, Noah, pierced my ears and he stood in front of my parents. My heart physically hurt as I watched the dreamlike series act out in front of me. I pushed my hands over my ears, I couldn't hear anymore. My heart wouldn't be able to take it.

One look down to the floor was all it took for the vision of them to begin fading. I screamed as hard as I could but they kept disappearing.

I heard a loud bang and it was over.

My head was sore as I lifted it from the floor. Tears completely stained my cheeks and I felt pathetic. I deserved everything that had happened. Good things happen to good people. Just like bad things happen to bad people. It was just life.

I push myself up from the floor and trudge to the bathroom, washing my face in the sink.

Suddenly, I heard three hard knocks at my door and I huffed. Two more were heard as I stepped back away from the sink.

As I grabbed a towel to wipe my face, they became more rapid and violent. I knew who it would be and I couldn't be less bothered to answer it.

"God, Niall, can you contain yourself for one minute?" I shouted at the wall as I peered into the mirror, grimacing at how the reflection looked the exact same as the second one did in my dream.

I looked a mess but it couldn't be helped in less than a minute. The knocks began again as I moved into the living room and near the front door.

"For God's sake." I mumble as I undo the locks without any hurry. What's the need to be quick? There is plenty of time in a day.

The door is eventually unlocked and I open it to the right of me swiftly.

"Look, Niall-" I look up at the visitor and stop my sentence.

"You were always the worst at answering doors quickly." The thick English accent flooded into my ears and the angelic smirk seemed too good to be true. I rapidly look at the floor in disbelief.

The only real reasoning for this encounter would be that I had died or I was dreaming again but many quick pinches on my arm proved this to be false.

My eyes trailed back upwards along his body; his living body.

I eyed his shoulders where his long hair fell against them in the most perfect way. Next was his facial structure and how it seemed to be created by a higher power. My eyes trailed along his face, his luscious lips, his lovely nose and his gleaming emerald eyes that I thought I had lost forever. They peered at me so nervously, they were obviously unsure of my reaction and whether I would be okay with this re-entrance into my life. I lost count of how many times they had scanned my shocked face.

It was only at this point that I realised I had not spoken one word to him yet. However, my mouth wouldn't work due to the overwhelming feeling and the stream from my eyes that had started rolling downwards along my cheeks once more.

Before I could think of my actions, I threw myself at the angel. I threw my arms around his shoulders in a tight embrace while leaving sobs at his neck. His arms wrap around my body with so much force, like he was scared to let go. That made both of us. He was real, I was touching his body and it wasn't fading at the impact.

"I- I thought you were dead." I sob, pulling my head slightly backwards to view his face but I didn't loosen my grip. His hand moves to my chin and jawbone, gently caressing it with so much care.

"I was dead but I later realised that I wasn't done with my life just yet."

He had fought for his life and I couldn't have been more Thankful.

A sweet smile laces his lips, his teeth gleaming through. I admire it with so much of my being before it moves again.

"I love you, Patience." He mutters and my legs almost give out with how much shock and happiness I was still feeling. It must have been impossible to feel so elated.

Our lips crash together before I even realise it but his lips were so inviting. Passion leaked from the kiss as our lips danced in a rhythm that I hadn't known before but it was so perfect. It was our rhythm.

"And I love you, Harry." I mumble out to him as we stayed in the embrace again, not wanting to ever let go. And we didn't for as long as was possible.

Two young adults, foolishly in love, stood holding each other in an empty hallway. This event wouldn't have happened when we first met each other. Two guards were put up in front of us both, walls as hard as brick that had been carefully built to prevent pain but each of them had slowly deteriorated the longer we were with each other.

It was amazing how everything can swing in one main direction without you even realising it. This is how my life is meant to be.

Content...

...blissful...

...with him.

He was my escapade.