XLVII

XLVII

Thursday 12th April 2007
8:53am

Work seemed an abnormal place when I arrived on the Thursday after my absence. I hadn't slept a wink the night before, feeling anxious about being back for a reason unknown to me. Was Harry going to be here today?

As soon as I enter, I notice Flynn stood in the white corridor. His eyes lay on me and he signals me to come over, I do.

"Well, it's good to see you're back." He states with an enormous smile. I still had mixed feelings about him.

"It's good to be back, Flynn." I reply, simply as I look at the ground.

"Look, I have some explaining to do. I'm sorry about what happened and how much trouble you and Harry were in. I should have warned you, it was unfair of me not to." He says and I nod.

"Okay." I tell him with a nod, his shoulders stop tensing and he seems at ease.

"Oh, before I forget, you have a training session with Ashton now."

"On my first day back?" I question with a sigh.

"Patience, I respect that you've been in a tough situation lately but this is work." He says and I hesitatingly nod.

I leave him and step to the equipment room. On the way, I peer at the gym. Well, where the gym used to be. It was completely demolished but the gaping exposed area had been boarded up with wood.

"Hey. I wasn't expecting you to be here." I look up as I enter the room to large hazel eyes and a wide smile.

"Yeah, I wasn't either." I reply with a chuckle, he does too.

"Where were you anyway?" He asks me, strangely curious. So I tell him everything and he nods after every detail I give him.

"That sounds awful." He concludes after I had finished my speech.

"Tell me about it. It was a difficult situation to be in."

"Hmm." His eyes stare into mine with a foreign look; I hadn't seen such an intense stare come from him before.

"Anyway, let's train." I clap my hands together, finally regaining concentration and head to the guns.

Although my time hadn't been spared for Ashton in some time, he was still as skilled as ever. I found myself surprised and I was given a smirk at my reaction. His arms flexed and his jaw clenched as he used techniques from long ago. I knew that he would be finished with my training very soon.

It's over an hour later and we were stepping out from the equipment room.

"Has anything big happened since we were gone?" I question and his brows furrow.

"We?" He clues.

"Harry and I." I state and he comes to the realisation.

"Oh, you were with him." He emphasised the 'him' weirdly but I brush it away from my thoughts. "It's been great seeing you but I better leave." He says after a few minutes of our silent walking through the corridor.

"Okay. Goodbye." I tell him, simply and he heads off in another direction.

I find myself strolling to the hall so I carry on and find that one of the double doors is propped open, like it always was. My feet take me inside to find it near empty; though the agents had returned. Only three tables had bodies perched at them. One had Liam and Harry.

Karen was behind the counter as I came nearer so I decided to order a coffee. It was placed in front of me with a smile a few minutes later.

"Thanks, Karen." I tell her, returning her grin before finding my usual table.

It felt weird sitting there without Chris or Jack, I still hadn't seen them.

A turn of my head leads my eyes to catch bright, emerald ones. They were a lot brighter than they used to be and the eye contact stayed for a while, making me feel butterflies in my stomach again. He didn't move for a while, neither did I. I think it was Liam speaking that caused Harry to glance towards him, inevitably breaking it.

I eventually look away too, my eyes finding the view beyond the giant window in front of me. My thoughts were lost for a moment before trailing to Zayn and Louis. What Zayn had said affected me in so many ways, more ways than I would have thought. It gave me chills that radiated to my spine and gave me a sense of panic that I hadn't had before. I wondered about Louis too. Had I killed him? I sure hope so.

But Zayn was still alive.

And I was determined to kill him.