VIII

VIII

5:15pm

The helicopter sprang into action, the agent gave us our headsets, and we began our long descent back to the HQ. Clouds in the sky were beginning to disappear and it was visibly becoming a little later.

"What time is it?" I ask the agent fixed beside the pilot.

"It's quarter past five." He tells me and I nod to signal that I heard him. He goes to having a conversation with the pilot like he had for most of the ride already.

I use my hands to pull the paperwork from the straps of my guns; it had begun to feel uncomfortable.

"Don't drop that, it could be important." I hear Harry mutter to me and I turn to glance at him. His grassy eyes were burning into mine, making me feel uneasy again.

"I won't." I reply, "Do we have a bag that we could put it in instead?"

"No." He states and I sigh. I couldn't lose this document.

"Why couldn't Flynn have purchased helicopters with actual doors?" I ask nobody in particular with annoyance. The pilot and agent next to him both laughed at my question. I even see Harry smirk before he realises that I noticed and returns to his average blank expression.

"It is stupid, I agree with you on that. Did you know that there are army helicopters that actually have bulletproof casing?" The pilot tells me and my mouth widens.

"See! Why couldn't he have gotten helicopters like that instead of this piece of trash?" I reply and they laugh again. Harry's eyes were closed and I thought that he was probably trying to sleep.

"We should start a petition." The agent affirms but the pilot shakes his head.

"That would definitely cause trouble." The pilot says to him and before I know it, they are back into another of their private conversations. I huff before attaching the document, wrapped in plastic, back on the strap at my hips; I would just have to deal with it.

My eyes hesitantly find Harry and his eyes are still shut. His mouth is in a straight line and he looks angry even when he is supposed to be relaxed. The clear skin on his forehead had some wrinkles because of the frown. His chocolate locks were cramped under the headset that was on his head, kind of adorably.

Viewing Harry napping made me feel tired too and before it could register, I slowly let my head fall back into my seat. I yawned before closing my eyes and trying to get some sleep. It was difficult at first because of the constant blowing of gusts into the aircraft but after a while, it felt as though I was flying through the sky. That sent me into a slumber.

8:21pm

"Patience? Patience?" I hear a soft voice during my sleep. It sounded like the guy I had met last week. What was his name again? Lionel? No. Luke? No. Oh, Liam, that was it.

"Patience! For goodness sake!" Another voice yells, making me wince at the audacity, and I immediately recognise it as Harry's. My eyes snap open to see that I'm still strapped in the helicopter and Liam is standing outside my side with a friendly smile. Harry is standing beside him looking furious.

"Oh shut up, you idiot." I shout back as I undo my straps. He is about to reply with something before stopping himself and storming away on the rooftop. Liam and I both bellow in laughter.

"Here, let me help you." Liam helps me, undoing the last strap.

"Thanks." I mutter before bouncing out of the helicopter. The pilot and agent that had come along were both standing nearby on the rooftop. Harry had disappeared back into the HQ though. "What time is it?"

"Almost half past eight." He replied and I nodded. The sky was now dark and it made me yawn again. I gaze down to see the paperwork still strapped to me, thankfully. Thank god Harry hadn't taken it. I expected him to and I didn't trust him. Liam notices me unstrap the document. "Oh, Harry was going to take that but I told him not to."

"You're a lifesaver." I say and pat his shoulder kindly before strolling to the stairs. Liam stays to check the helicopter with the pilot.

My feet pad down the steps from the rooftop and I am clutching the document in my left hand. I step through the corridor to Flynn's office, opening the door to it and throwing the document in front of him on the desk before perching on the leather seat.

"What is this?" He questions as he picks it up, raising an eyebrow.

"I have no idea but it was the only thing in the van." I explain and he nods.

"There wasn't anything else?" He clues and I shake my head. His fingers rip the plastic casing from the pages and I sit up, curious as to what it contained.

He holds a page before scanning it, then another. His eyes skim the rest of them.

"Patience?" He mutters, blankly. Oh no, what was wrong with it?

"Yeah?"

"You're getting a pay rise and so is Harry." He comments and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"What does it say?" I ask and he stands from his desk.

"They're planning an invasion of the HQ on Thursday. We would have been clueless about this if it wasn't for you two." He tells me and I nod. Wow. "Where is Harry, by the way?"

"I have no clue." I answer his question. "Should I go and order the agents to start setting up machinery around the perimeter?"

"That would be great. Thank god you're an agent, Patience. I would be lost without you." He says with a genuinely giddy smile.

"You know the reason that I became an agent and I won't stop until my job is done." I state before exiting the office. My body clashes with somebody in the corridor once I have closed the door behind me. I glance up to see Harry's curls and emerald eyes.

"Is Flynn in there?" Harry questions sternly and I nod before pacing away.

I race to the hall and think of the best way to get the attention of every agent in there. Lots of agents would work late which was a huge advantage right now.

"To hell with it." I tell myself as I step onto a chair and then on top of an unoccupied table. This was the only way to get them to listen to me.

"Excuse me! I have orders from Flynn!" Everybody is silent due to my yelling, plus all eyes are on me. "Every agent in this room needs to go to the equipment room and begin setting up machinery around the area of the HQ! There is a planned invasion this Thursday! Go now!"

All agents eventually get up and exit. The HQ quickly became bustling with agents racing in every direction holding weapons. I even saw somebody hauling a gigantic machine gun outside.

I spent the rest of my Tuesday night helping other agents set up for this supposed invasion.