XXVII

XXVII

11:24am

The mere next hours of being at the HQ were ordinary; nothing irregular.

Some of that time was spent with Jack and Chris in the hall, with Flynn being at a meeting - no jobs were being given to agents. They both just bantered back and forth while I watched. The discussion that day was focused on which comedy cartoon was better out of Family Guy and American Dad. I didn't participate.

When the friendly argument had died down, I finished my protein bar and coffee before throwing their wrapper and cup into the bin. I decided to head to the gym to get some working out done before another job was probably sent to me.

"Hey Patience. How's it going?" I see Liam's cheery face before me as I'm leaving the hall.

"It's going great, Liam. How are you doing?" I reply and we both stand still.

"I'm doing really good. Well, I'm a little lonely. Harry not being here makes it kind of silent." He explains and I playfully roll my eyes.

"I'd enjoy the silent while it lasts." I remark and he chuckles.

"Oh, I will." He replies with a smirk.

We eventually finish the conversation and I carry on my way to the gym.

Adrenaline fills me as I think of my last encounter with Harry; that was enough to get me angered. It was easier to be furious when cardio boxing, for me anyway. I thought about Harry being the punch-bag and away I would go. My next thirty minutes are spent throwing punches at the bag, it swinging left to right unevenly.

"Patience! Are you in here?!" I hear somebody call into the gym. Was that Noah?

"Yeah, I'm in here!" I shout back, moving to view the door. Noah comes rushing inside to me.

"Flynn needs to see you, he said it's urgent. Like, really urgent." He states, breathless.

"Okay." I reply, taking my boxing gloves from my hands and grabbing my belongings.

I pace to the changing rooms and put my usual uniform back on, spraying myself with lots of deodorant. My body didn't sweat in that session anyway.

My feet stomp to Flynn's office and I step inside to see him stood up, back from the meeting, with a phone to his ear. His dark eyes darted to me before staring back at the desk.

"Just get the helicopter ready, she'll be up now." He orders before hanging up.

"A job?" I ask, puzzled.

"Basically, yes; only a lot more dangerous." He replies quickly with a worried expression.

"Why? What's happening?"

"Harry's home is under attack. You need to fly out there and help him. Okay?" He doesn't seem to ask me, it's more like an order but I nod.

"Of course."

"Go up to the rooftop now." He tells me and I nod once again. I exit while Flynn sits at his desk with his head in his hands.

The helicopter was ready when I arrive at the rooftop and I strap myself in almost immediately. I tried not to think about the fact that Harry was alone right now. He needed help. But he could handle it; I shouldn't have been too bothered after his little outbursts of arguments lately.

When the helicopter had taken off, two agents at the front, I began to load my pistols. I questioned why we needed to take a helicopter to his home, as it obviously couldn't be that far away. The pilot just told me that he lived in quite a remote area, away from the city. It actually took thirty minutes before we lowered.

I gaze down and his home is quite small, a bungalow type. It is fixed in an area of grass and not far from a small beach. Immediately, my eyes fell on dozens of armed enemies scattered in the surrounding area. The only empty space was the back garden of the home.

"Can you drop me at the garden?" I question and the pilot nods.

"Agent 92, get the rope lowered for Agent 11." The pilot orders the agent beside him through his headset and Agent 92 unstraps himself, the aircraft being stable.

He leans to the open area on the left side, next to me. His hands quickly un-wrap the rope and disperses it below into the garden. It was only a matter of time before the enemies would spot us.

As I lower onto the rope, I hear a gunshot and I clamber down it whilst holding a pistol in my other hand; I shoot back as I eventually land on the patio stones. There were more gunshots firing now and I hurry to the back glass doors, they were locked.

I had a plan of shattering the glass and stepping through it but I didn't think that Harry would have been impressed with damage to his property. So I just bang against it rapidly.

After thirty seconds, I see emerald eyes peer from behind the closed curtains and blinds. I then see them roll and that makes mine do the same. The door is finally unlocked and opened, I pace inside as he holds it open.

He was wearing grey sweatpants and a black shirt. It was strange to see him in such casual attire. His hair was messy and there were bags under his eyes.

"You didn't need to come here." They are the first words that leave his mouth. I huff at his neglectful-ness.

"Well, you obviously weren't doing very well. There are about twenty five men out there." I explain but he just shakes his head and steps to the front door.

His home was very modern. Everything was white or black, some grey. But no colour was presented whatsoever. The lounge and kitchen areas were beside each other. I could only see two other doors inside of the house; I guessed they were for the bathroom and bedroom. It was smaller inside than I had imagined.

"Well, are you helping or not?" He questions after the minute of silence. I catch on that he was going to open the front door and shoot from there; quite clever if I do say so myself.

"All in good time, Styles."