LIX

LIX

5:34pm

When I left the HQ after my session with Ashton, I was a little disappointed to see that Harry's car was gone from the car park. Disbelief flooded my mind at the thought of him leaving me here alone with no way home but I guess that he was okay with it and I would have to deal with that; I wanted to punch him for it, nevertheless.

My feet slowly pad to the nearest road and my eyes peer for a taxi, my only possible way home.

After about twenty minutes, one stops and I immediately hop into the back of it, not feeling patient anymore. I tell the driver Harry's address and he begins the long drive.

I give a mocking chuckle at the fact that I thought Harry might have waited for me. He didn't care for me; that had to get into my head. But I would be lying if I said that I didn't care about him.

I hated my mind working this way.

It was filled with dreadful disbelief.

The lights of the now-dark city become blurry from the window as the focus of my mind is on the angel that I am now living with.

"We're here, love." The driver pulls me back to reality and my eyes snap to him quickly. He tells me the price of the ride and I hand the money to him before rapidly stepping onto the pavement. The taxi drives away as I walk up the stone path to Harry's door.

My hand knocks on the door with force but nobody answers. I knock again but more quickly this time: yet again, no answer. Five minutes pass and I realise that nobody was opening the door for me.

I sigh before sitting myself on his step. My back leans against the door frame as I stare at the dark sky, the stars and moon illuminating it as much as they possibly could.

I couldn't believe Harry. Had he just suddenly forgotten that I lived here too? He was such a selfish, arrogant idiot; that I wished I didn't have feelings for.

My eyes just stay focused on the stars as I try to think of a plan, but it didn't work. I stayed as still as a statue on the step.

Where could he be? Would I even think of the correct place? No, I wouldn't. He was too mysterious, making it all the more difficult to know where he could be at this moment.

The air becomes chilly so I pull the jacket I was wearing tighter around my body. I can't help some shivers that overtake my body, who would have thought that it would still be cold in April.

I feel so angry at Harry but I try my hardest not to let it take over my actions. Maybe if I close my eyes, it would help.

7:23pm

"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you!"

My mind is fuzzy and my eyes are sore as I try to ignore the noise and stay sleeping. I stir before feeling slightly comfortable again.

"You'd be like heaven to touch. I want to hold you so much!"

I think I recognised the singing voice but I stayed still against the hard surface. Wait, why did I feel so cold? Then reality hit me and my eyes snapped open to find a towering Harry with a smirk on his face. I was still perched on the step, how long had it been?

"I LOVE YOU BABY AND IF IT'S QUITE ALRI-"

I instantly stand up on the step and put my finger to his lips. It wasn't that his voice was terrible, far from it, but the loudness of it made my ears ring from only just waking up.

"Shush." I order him and he nods with a smirk. His eyes appeared so different, their irises were enlarged tremendously.

That's when I smell the strong scent of beer.

"I've been stuck out here in the cold for hours because you went out drinking?!" Anger spreads throughout my body but the smile doesn't leave his face, his eyes watching my features closely.

"Are you mad?" He giggles and I roll my eyes. He was unbelievably drunk.

"I am obviously mad, Harry. You could have at least told me that you weren't going to be here." I state, more calmly since I wasn't going to get through to him anyway. There was no point wasting my time.

"I'm sorry, b-baby." He blinks slowly.

"Just give me your keys." I order but he just giggles again.

Screw it. I'll have to do it myself. I pat his jean pockets and his eyes light up in surprise. The keys are in the back pocket and I waste no time in getting them out.

"Easy. Wait until we're inside." He comments with a wink and I huff in annoyance as I insert the key into the lock, twist it until it clicks and then push the door open.

I hold the door open for Harry and shut it after he has stumbled inside after me. My hand immediately goes to turning the heating on.

"It feels so-o much later than it is." He comments after checking the clock in the living room.

"I think you should still get to bed." I tell him and he turns around to glance at me.

"Yeah, you're p-probably right." He replies in quite an adorable manner. That's a word I wouldn't normally use for Harry.

He moves towards me, heading to his bedroom door which was behind me. But his eyes stay on me before scanning my body.

"You're one beautiful lady, yo - you know that?" He slurs before licking his lips and even though he is drunk, I can't help the blush that falls into my cheeks.

His body comes to a halt and he places his warm hand on my hip. My annoyance with him immediately drifts away, which hadn't happened before, as he moves his face closer. His lips brush mine before he engulfs them in a passionate embrace. They mould together and stay in sync for a small while until I pull away, the warm feeling returning in the pit of my stomach and the taste of beer on my tongue.

"Let's get you to bed, Harry." I wasn't going to take advantage of a drunken Harry. He doesn't say anything but instead nods with hooded eyes.

I throw his arm over my shoulders and escort him into his bedroom, moving the blankets out of the way. He immediately falls into it and I make sure to keep him lying on his side. After I have placed the blankets over him, I leave to fetch him a glass of water. I hear him calling me when I'm in the kitchen.

When I enter again, he is sat up in the bed with a pout.

"What's wrong?" I ask him whilst putting the glass on his bedside cabinet.

"I don't want to sleep alone." He states and I roll my eyes. "I'm b-being serious; I can have nightmares when I'm drunk."

My features soften and I find myself caring for him, even though he left me outside, and in danger, for hours in the chilly weather.

"Let me get changed and I'll join you."

"Just wear my shirt." He suggests.

So I do just that. I fall into bed beside him, lying on my back while he lays on his side with his arm over me. I find it comforting and cosy.

"Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, baby."