LXVII

LXVII

Time and Date - Unknown

"A girl?" I remember him questioning with an appalled facial expression after I had entered the room.

"A boy?" I recalled sarcastically remarking back to him and he rolled his emerald eyes.

"Seriously though, are you just Flynn's assistant or are you actually the agent I have to work with?" His offensive words angered me and I inched closer to him.

"Look at my uniform, asshole. Would I have these guns if I was just an assistant?" The equally stubborn words left my mouth as I fall onto the other sofa, not even phased by his stance. His beautiful face was undeniably curious when I gestured to the black strap holding the pistols at my hips.

"I don't know. You may just be here to kill me." He comments before pushing a hand through his towering hair. His face became amused at his statement.

"Trust me, I wouldn't hesitate." I tell him and his eyes widen, a smirk plastered on his face.

46 days ago.

It was our first conversation, the beginning of something life-changing. I saw him as an arrogant idiot and my god, he really was. But once I started to see the real him behind his guarded visage, I fell into a deep love of his character and personality.

It was bewitching how his character completely changed before my very eyes. Our first job together was awkward and we had visibly shown our dislike to each other. But it was times after that, when we were in the motel room together or when I stayed in his home, that were most important to me. There was an extremely thin line between love and hate.

Now here I was; sat beside him as he lay in my arms, praying that his breathing carried on in its normal way.

It repeats under my gaze until I turn my attention away from it and to the noise outside of the corridor. There was shouting and gun shots heard before two men wearing medical uniforms rushed inside and towards me, slamming the door in the process.

I carefully stood up, my cheeks feeling sore and damp still, and laid an unconscious Harry on his back, I could never become accustomed to seeing him with his eyes unwillingly closed. The medics give me a quizzical look after scanning my sorrowful appearance before peering at Harry. It wasn't normal for an agent to be so heartbroken over their colleague.

"Stand back, agent." One orders to me before he takes hold of Harry's upper body and the other takes his legs.

Then they disappeared into the joining corridor and proceeded to the exit of the giant building. I stayed close behind them, not wanting to leave Harry for a second of my time. The atmosphere of Zayn's HQ was horrific and truly frightening. Humanity seemed to have made an abrupt appearance as Zayn's agents rushed to aid the wounded, shot by our agents when they entered. Shivers ran down my spine at the bloodstained floor, filled with obliterated hope for the future. We had caused this havoc.

The air outside the building seems chilly as it hits me unknowingly whilst I followed the medics outside. They were hurrying and I tried to keep up as much as I could. I stayed within their group as they neared a helicopter, its propellers spinning rapidly above me like they could become airborne at any given moment.

My eyes peer at Harry and a pain shoots from the pit of my stomach when I can't notice the way his nose used to flare and his lips slightly moved to exhale and inhale. I couldn't tell whether he was breathing anymore and this accelerated my own breathing, along with the rate of my tears.

"Is he breathing?" I question as they manoeuvre him into the helicopter. The helicopter was wider than usual, with space for Harry to be laid down comfortably. The medics both look at each other with annoyance before completely ignoring me. "Hello?" They probably saw me as a delusional small girl, the way I felt; helpless.

But I simply couldn't be ignored at a time like this.

"Listen to me, you asshole." I grip one of the medic's shirt in my fist violently after Harry is safely inside the helicopter, the medic's eyes widen as he watches me. "Tell me whether he is breathing or I won't hesitate to ruin that face of yours."

"You want me to tell you the truth?" He spits to me and I nod, my angered expression not altering. "No, he isn't breathing. Now leave me alone. This is why Flynn shouldn't try and get female agents, so hysterical." He commented to his partner.

My grip fell from his shirt and I stood still in shock. He gives me one final look with a raised eyebrow before joining the other medic in the helicopter, rising into the sky shortly after. I wanted to remember the potentially last moment of seeing Harry but it was snatched from me and thrown into the sky with the helicopter.

He wasn't breathing.

I watched as the airborne vehicle became smaller and smaller. My eyes scrutinised it until it was as tiny as an ant. Every part of my body felt weak, almost like I couldn't move it even if I tried.

"Agent 11!" My tearful eyes escaped the sight of the distant helicopter and moved to focus on another helicopter, further to the right of me. There was an agent calling me from there so I hesitantly forced my legs to step closer to him. He had shiny auburn hair that was cut short and a face that I could only describe as friendly, due to not knowing the man. As I walked nearer to him, he joined me much more swiftly.

"Are you okay? You look upset." No shit, Sherlock. I was going to merely ignore him but then I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders. I knew that he was trying to be friendly but I didn't like it one bit.

"Get off of me." I order and he quickly removes his arm. My legs hurry to the helicopter before clambering inside with the other agents who had arrived here. There were seven of us, including the pilot of the helicopter. I wished that there were eight of us instead.

I viewed the still-unknown landscape surrounding us, ignoring the confused glances from the other agents in the aircraft, as we lifted into the sky and began our journey to the HQ that we occupied. We were leaving Zayn's HQ in utter ruins. Four lifeless bodies lay in one room while many more lay in the corridor. I couldn't think too much of it. It was just business, wasn't it?

I dreaded the next days of not knowing whether Harry was living or dead.